Forgiveness is Not an Option

N/A: Let's just say their first day of school was on a Friday (yes, that's weird I know). So It's now the weekend.

---

"I shall never forgive Gilbert Blythe for his arrogance and unkind manner. I will only engage in conversation only when it has to do with academics, otherwise, he will have to find somebody else to torment," I stated, crossing my arms and turning my chin up stubbornly.

"Oh Anne, surely Gilbert doesn't mean to be unkind. Maybe it was all just a misunderstanding," Diana placed her hand on my arm. I turned to look at her with wide eyes.

"A misunderstanding! Diana were you not listening to my rant! He basically harassed me with words! And let's not forget what he did in front of the entire class!"

"I don't think he meant for it to come off as malicious. Plus, you said he apologized."

"Well...yes," I uncrossed my arms and turned my head to the side. "But I will not associate myself with someone who even has the thought cross their mind." I gestured with my hand.

Suddenly the small piece of cloth hanging over the entrance to the clubhouse moved to the side revealing a smiling Cole.

"Good morning, Anne, Diana," He nodded to us as he said our names.

"Morning." chorused Diana and I.

"Where's Ruby?" I looked behind him to see if she was standing outside the door.

Cole walked inside and sat down on the dirt floor Indian style. "I went to pick her up before I came here and she said she would arrive a little late," Cole frowned. "She seemed a little downcast when I talked to her."

Diana and I looked at each other confused.

"Did she seem sick?" asked Diana.

"I don't think so?"

"Maybe she'll be better when she shows up later. For now, let's look over our newest stories." I suggested.

---

Gilbert's POV:

"Why are you smiling like that?"

I stopped staring out the window and turned around to face Bash.

"It's nothing," I replied sheepishly.

"It's a girl isn't it," a wide grin spread across his face.

"What? No? It's-it's not a girl. What makes you say that?" I placed my hand on the counter to seem nonchalant, but it slipped due to a puddle of water that had gathered after I did the dishes.

"Only a girl can make a boy like you smile and act like a moke." he patted me on the shoulder.

"I'm not a boy anymore, Sebastian. I'm a man," I walked past him heading to the parlor.

"Only a boy won't admit when they've gone over a lady," he sat down next to me on the couch. "Just admit it. Who is she? What's she like?"

I sighed, accepting defeat. "Her name is Anne and she just enrolled this year." I smiled up at the ceiling remembering the red-haired girl. "Oh, she's wonderful. Anne is nothing like any of the other girls in Avonlea. She's intelligent and passionate, and her hair is a glorious shade of red."

Bash laughed at my schoolboyish revelation. I ignored him and continued.

"Her eyes are the color of the ocean and they seemed to conjure up waves of their own. They're so captivating that each time our eyes met, I seem to get pulled deeper into the complexity of her being."