Magnetic Hearts

A/N: Warning! This chapter contains a scene that could be considered graphic/violent. There is also intense language.

---

Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together. Any relationship, platonic or not, gets stronger when both are willing to understand their mistakes and forgive each other.

Gil and I stood there in a silent embrace.

"I'm so sorry," I choked out as tears threatened to spill.

"Shh, it's alright. Do you hear my heart beating? Just focus on that."

I bet you're wondering how we got here. Right? Well, it all started this morning when Jerry picked me up to walk to school.

---

Anne's POV:

"Anne! Get up, Jerry will be here in half an hour," yelled Marilla from downstairs.

My eyes snapped open. I have 30 minutes. That's not enough time to mentally prepare!

I quickly removed the blankets off me and I hissed as the cold air engulfed my body. Must it be freezing cold in Canada! I'm turning into an Annesickle.

I wished I could just crawl back under my warm, inviting blanket and sleep my days away, but alas, I must attend school. I head over to my phone charging on my desk and start my playlist. I silently go through my notifications, once I notice there's nothing interesting I put it down and walk over to my closet.

I sang along to my music as I flipped through my hangers to decide what I would wear. I eventually chose a white knitted turtle-neck sweater with a grey trench coat, paired with black thermal leggings and black combat boots. I decided I would also wear my grey barrette with it.

After I exited the shower I dried off my hair and body. I decided I would leave my hair down today, instead of their usual braids. I walked back into my room and put on the clothes I had set out. Once I had all the pieces of my outfit on I checked myself in the mirror.

Ok, I look...decent.

I walked around my room collecting all the things I needed for class and stuffed it all in my bag. I turned to the clock on my bedside table and quickly zipped up my backpack and swung it over my shoulder. Jerry would be here any minute.

As I was about to walk down the stairs I stopped and turned back around to re-enter my room. How had I remembered to shove my earphones into my pocket, but not my phone?

"Anne, hurry up! Your cereal is getting soggy!"

"Ok, I know! But I didn't ask you to pour the milk in!" I rolled my eyes and sighed out as I closed my bedroom door behind me.

I sat at the kitchen table and drank my breakfast since the cereal was already broken up into the milk.

"Slow down, will you! You could choke. I feel as if you could swallow me whole at the rate at which your downing your breakfast."

I removed the empty bowl from my face and smiled, "Done."

"That was very un-ladylike. Even if there are no guests around, do use your manners," she held her hand out and I passed her my bowl.

Suddenly, there is a knock at the door.

"Oop, Jerry's here. See you later Marilla," I grabbed an apple from the table and shoved it into my bag.

"Morning, Anne. Nice outfit."

I looked down at my clothes because I momentarily forgot what I was wearing, "Good morning, Jerry," I smiled.