The Red-head's Fire

A/N: Thank you guys for the votes and comments there are very appreciated. 
Please continue to share this story with others! You're all so nice and awesome. 😩

---

My arguing mind finally broke and I snapped the book open. It was filled with poetry. I read through them and I was shocked to find most of them were about me. He never stated my name directly, but it was clear as day, as to who they were about. Reading through them I started to tear up as a frightening realization hit me.

---

Third-person POV:

The detention doors opened and she ran. She picked up all her belongings, along with Gilbert's journal and bolted through the door. She didn't hear Mr. Phillips yelling at her to slow down.

All she could hear was her booming thoughts. Her realization was too much to think about. She didn't know what to do with this new information. Her mind was so distracted that she didn't even notice her legs carried her in the direction of the clubhouse.

She sat on the dirt floor panting. Her head pounded and her eyes filled with hot, frustrated tears.

She loves him. She loves him so much her heart might just jump out her throat. She knew how far her feelings had gone and she was terrified. She worried her heart would forever pine after someone her mind knew she could never have. She knew that he would never be able to return her passionate feelings and it broke her heart.

He would eventually fall for someone more beautiful and elegant. Someone who will follow him willingly. Over time, he would forget the fiery red-head and she will become another childhood memory. Anne cherished knowledge, but knowing this she wished she didn't.

It tore her in two because she didn't want to love him. She always read about it in books but she didn't want to feel this way about Gilbert. She had been cruel to him and she doesn't deserve forgiveness.

Anne's POV:

I feel in love with him. I don't know why. I don't know how. It just happened. I was convicted that when I first admitted my feelings to myself, that they would eventually go away like the rest. But loving him was the most poetic form of self-destruction. This will eventually break me and I'm scared of the moment it does.

I was so mean to him. He could never love me now. Even if there was a small possibility of him loving me back we can never be together. If being with him means I have to ruin my friend then I'd rather sacrifice my happiness.

It's so much easier to pretend like my happy ending didn't matter, to wear a fake smile every day, and mask the pain. I'd rather lock my feelings away than to confess that my heart can be broken by losing someone who was never mine.

Diana's POV:

"Have you written anything new for the story club?" The sound of camera shutters echoed through the forest as Cole snapped a picture of a bird.

"Yes, actually, I have," I smiled.

"What is it about? Is it a tale of fantastical beasts and wondrous creatures. Oh, or an intense, mysterious sci-fi novel. Ooo, or is it-"