Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Thunderstorms Make You Do Crazy Things

When the school hours were over, I rushed back to the school and hung out with Jordie. I told her everything that was going on between Asher and I. She was excited at the right parts and angry at the other parts, making me feel much better now that I wasn't alone. I never noticed how important having a friend was.

At around 5PM, I decided to go home. I definitely needed sleep, and I knew that. Of course, I was locked out of the house. I knocked on the door, and my luck- Asher opened it! 

"I'm sorry," I say, looking my towards the floor. I walk past him, and run to my room. 

"ABI GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!" Tyler yells. What did I do now, other then, hmm, kissing his best friend?

I run downstairs, leaping over the squeaky step. "Yes?"

"Eat," he says, pushing a plate full of macaroni and cheese towards me. 

"Thanks" I say, shoving the food into my mouth. Macaroni and cheese is one of my favorite foods, but even that couldn't make me forget about Asher. That kiss was amazing, at least, I think it was. It was only my second kiss!

I finish my food, and put the plate in the sink. I run upstairs and change into my pajamas. 

That night, Mother Nature decided to create a thunderstorm. They have me screaming non-stop. 

I was so scared. I don't understand how people don't fear them. 

I normally wouldn't do what I did, but I felt as if I had to, that's how scared I was. 

Knock, knock

"Come in," the comforting voice of Asher said. I ran in and right when another blast of thunder happened, I hid under his blankets. 

"Abigail?" Asher asks, probably confused on why a girl who ran away from him earlier was running into his bed at 12PM. He pulled the blankets out from underneath me, and hesitantly pulled me into his arm. At some time, I started crying, as I was so scared of the storm going outside Asher's window. 

"I'm scared," I whispered into his chest. 

"Of the thunderstorm," he continued. I nodded my head, and looked up at him. 

"I'm sorry about earlier," I whispered as we locked eyes. "I was so scared, that was only my second kiss."

Asher looks shocked.

"I took your first kiss, didn't I?" he asks, putting his head in his hands. 

"Yeah," I said, softly. The thunder yet again yelled at the window. I screamed, and hid my head in Asher's chest. I felt his hands soothingly rub patterns onto my back. I felt Asher move, and I pulled myself against him again. 

"Please don't leave me," I whispered/pleaded with him. 

"Relax Abi, I'm just closing the door," he says, and closes his door. 

He comes back and pulls me into his arms. He rests his chin on my head. 

"Tell me a story," I whispered.

"I'll tell you about me."