Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Not Wanted

I put the mattress down, and realize that I knocked a painting down. How the hell do I put this back up?

"Help!" I yell, hoping someone can fix this. 

"What's wrong?" The wrong person came to help. 

I hand the devil the painting, "This is your problem now."

I pick the mattress back up and start walking to my tree house. I wanted to get away from Asher so badly. I walk outside, trying to distract my thoughts from a truth- I still love Asher. 

I bring the mattress to my brothers, and they work on a way to get in in the tree house. They get it in, and I thank them. We all high five, and I head inside. I went in my closet, to look for some spare sheets I could put on the mattress. I then found a speaker, which I also put in my tree house. It would be stupid if I didn't put my music in my tree house. 

As I looked around my room for things I could put in my treehouse, I found a photo album. I opened the page to one of the last photos I had of mom. 

I took the photo out of the book, and held it in my hands. I traced my finger over each and every one of us. Before mom died, our father was always there for us. SInce her death, he barely has talked to me. That's why I was so surprised he helped me with the tree house. Slowly, the tears fell out of my eyes and leaked onto my face. 

Weeks after she died, I was sent away from my whole family. I felt so unwanted. I had already lost my mother, and then I lost everyone else as well. Every day, I was alone. All of the other girls too smart, too rich, or too pretty to be around me. I resorted to pulling pranks. That was the only way I was able to come back. 

This whole day, I felt the way I felt at boarding school. And when I came back, I felt replaced. My brothers had someone else to spend their time with. Not me. I didn't get one letter from them of my father. It hurt. It hurt a lot.

Then, I fell in love with Asher. Even he doesn't want me. He wants Jade, the slut who constantly chases after other boys.

All I am is a mistake, someone not wanted. 

I seem cheerful, I always put on a fake smile. For everyone's benefit, I make everyone think I'm okay. Fake smiles, fake laughs, fake happiness.