Chapter 7

Chapter 7- Mission Failed 

"I guess I'm so popular you already know me!" I say, smiling. I reach my hand over to give him a hand shake. 

"Yup. Do you know what 3 detentions mean?" he asks me.

"No, but let me guess!" I enthusiastically say. "Do I get a piece of candy?" 

He laughs. 

"Nope, do you have anymore guesses?"

"Hmmm, I don't think so," I respond. 

"It means you get a suspension." 

"So I get a day off of school?" I ask, pretending to get excited. 

"Yup," he says. 

"Will Asher also get a day off since he helped me escape?" I lie and look downwards, hoping he doesn't notice me lying.

"He helped you escape?" he says, getting angry.

"Yup! He told me where the exit was and turned around so I could escape!" 

"Come with me."

"Ok Mr. Principle," I say, making him laugh. 

I follow him to his office.

"Will Asher Salazar please come down to the office?" he asks on the loudspeaker. 

A few minutes later, he walked into the office looking confused. I grin at him and mouth 'revenge'. He shouldn't have touched me last night.

"Yes, Mr. Tropi?" he asks the principle, being respectful. 

"Someone over here told me that you helped them escape the school. You know what the punishment is for that, right?" 

"I didn't help anyone escape," he says, sounding confused. 

"Don't lie to Mr. Principle," I say, looking at Asher.

He glares at me. 

"Can someone explain to me what is going on?" he asks. 

"You remember! You helped me escape," I say. 

"But I did not!" 

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!" 

"STOP!" the principle yells.

"Asher, do you have a twin brother that could be pretending to be you?" I ask, trying my best to sound innocent. 

"I used to," he whispered. 

"Abigail, please wait outside, the principle says. 

For once, I comply. I don't know what happened in Asher's life, but I regret doing this prank.

A few minutes later, I am called back into the room. 

"Abigail, you lied to me about this all, didn't you?" 

"Yes," I say, and look downwards. 

"I have decided to change Asher's schedule, and put him in all of your classes."

"Okay," I say, still looking down. Normally, I would have had an outburst about that, but I felt bad about bringing something up that hurt Asher so I stayed quiet. Wait why am I all of the sudden caring about Asher? You know what, this not caring about Asher, this is caring about my conscience. 

"Here is your new schedule," the principle passes him a new schedule. "You guys can wait in here until your next class. No fighting." 

The principle walks out of the room, leaving Asher and I to ourselves.

"I'm sorry."