Chapter 21

Chapter 21: The Perfect Prom

"Will you go to prom with me?" Asher walks in, holding a corsage. 

"I thought you didn't like me," I say, looking down. 

"I always have. I just pretended I didn't so your brothers would let me do this," he says.

"I thought you asked Jade," I say.

"Nope, Tyler did. She used me to get to him," he says. "The time you saw us together, I was trying to distract myself from you."

"I'll go with you," I say. Asher's face breaks out into a childish grin. It was adorable. "Now get out so I can change."

He laughs and leaves my room. I put on the dress, and put on a little make-up. I let my hair down, and brush it out. Lastly, I put the corsage on my wrist. 

"Hey, Asher?" I yell out my door.

"Yeah?" he answers back.

"Can you give me some shoes?" I ask, trying hard not to laugh. He runs towards my door, and hands me a box of silver, glittery shoes. 

"I looked ridiculous in the store buying those and the dress but that's fine," he says, smiling. I grin and pull him in for a hug. I throw on the shoes, and we lock arms. We walk outside, and there's a huge limo waiting for us in the front. I can't stop smiling as we walk to the limo. 

The limo ride was perfect. We had the whole limo to ourselves, and we chatted the whole time. He may or may not of kissed my forehead a lot. 

We got out of the limo, and walked into the prom.

Jordie and Micheal sees us and walks up to us. 

"You guys are finally together!" Jordie exclaims, very excited. 

"Congrats, guys," Micheal says. 

A few minutes later, an announcement from the student council interrupted our conversation.

"Hello everyone! I am Renee Zaryn and I would like the announce our Prom King and Prom Queen!" Everyone cheers. "Today, history is being made in our school. For the first time ever, a junior is being crowned Prom Queen. Our Prom Queen is Abigail Bloomridge!" 

Everyone claps, and Asher lets go of me. I walk to the center of the dance floor, where Renee puts a crown on my head. 

"Our Prom King is Asher Salazar!" 

I smile as Asher's joins me. 

"They will now have this slow dance with each other!"

Asher grabs my waist, and I place my hands on his shoulders. I lay my head on his chest, and we move to the beat of the music. 

"Abi?" Asher asks me, sounding a little nervous. "Will you be my girlfriend?"