Chapter 12

Chapter 12: I Can Do It, Just Worry About Me After

"And why can I not run this mile, Jordan?" I ask, spitting at him after I said his name. He rolled his eyes and continued. 

"With the amount of energy drinks you have had, you might pass out," Asher says. 

"You mister, need hearing aids," I huff, and walk away. I was talking to Jordan, not him. 

I walk towards Jordie, and she laughs at me. "I heard that," she says.

"Good."

"Asher cares about youuu," she teases.

"No he doesn't. I hate him!" I yell.

"Jeez, I was only joking," she says, rolling her eyes. I mimick her, and we both laugh. 

"LISTEN UP EVERYBODY! TODAY WE ARE GOING TO BE RUNNING A MILE. YOU HAVE TO RUN 11 LAPS AROUND THIS GYM, AND THEN YOU ARE DONE!" 

I walk to the start line, getting in running position. I was going to prove to Jordan and Asher that I didn't need to skip the mile.

"ARE YOU READY? GET SET, START!" 

Everyone started running, Asher and I at the front. I easily cut in front of him and continued running. These energy drinks made this so much easier! I ran the remainder of the mile with easy, only getting tired when I stopped. Of course, I finished first with a time of 7:51. That's not my best, but it'll do for now.

"Hey.. Asher," I pant, walking towards the devil. "I.. beat.. you."

I grin, and trip over myself. He catches me, and I frown. I yawn, and everything goes black. 

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Where the hell am I?" I wake up, looking around. 

"I took you out of school and brought you here since you passed out. I couldn't open your door to get in so I took you here," the devil himself explains, looking flushed. 

"I'll be going now, bye Satan," I say, throwing myself out his open window. Thankfully, it wasn't too high up, and I rolled as I hit the grass. 

"ABI, WHAT THE HELL? I AM NOT SATAN!" 

Leave it to Asher to care more about his reputation then my wellbeing. I walk around the whole house, and find the window of my room. I climb up my tree, and sit on one of it's sturdy branches, like I normally do. 

Leaves rustle, and before I know it, Satan himself is sitting next to me. 

"Why did you follow me?" 

"I was worried about you," he casually says. My jaw drops. "Is that so bad?" 

"Why?" I ask, confused. 

"I just don't know," he says. Before I know it, a pair of soft lips are upon mine. I was too stunned to respond. Before I know it, my lips danced back with his. He puts his hands around my waist, and I grab his neck, pulling ourselves into each other. He pulls away, and we stare into each other's eyes, still holding onto each other. 

"I.." I jump out of the tree, looking up when I fell. I looked at Asher, and felt horrible. His eyes looked like they were tearing up, as if the tears were about to spill any minute. I ran away, not looking back again. 

What have I done?