Chapter 17

Chapter 18: Tree House Time

"What are you building?" he surprisingly asks.

"A tree house for my tree outside of my window," I explain.

"Let me help you," he says, picking up the saw. He started sawing the part I sketched.

"Thank you," I responded. I opened my window, and realized that I had to bring the parts outside before I could put them together. 

"I'm going to bring this outside so I can put it together when you finish sawing."

Thank god I have a very tall door, because I almost couldn't fit the platform out of my door. I dragged it down the hallway, and down the stairs. I was pleased at the noise it made as it fell down the stairs. I guess it made a loud enough noise, that all the boys except Asher came to see what was happening. 

"What are you doing?" Jack asks, laughing at the big platform laying in the floor. 

"Tree house," I say. I then pick up the platform and bring it outside. I wish I hadn't walked out the door at that time. I wish I hadn't seen what I just saw. 

Asher walked out a car's door, holding a girl's hand. Jade's hand. I guess he really has replaced me. 

I looked away, and continued dragging my platform to my tree.

"What is your maid doing?" Jade asks really loud, pointing at me. I ignore her, and continued walking towards my goal. 

What Asher says next, kills me, 

"I don't know." 

He said I was a maid. 

I dropped my platform, and headed towards them both. I slapped them both in the face.

"Sorry STD girl, I'm not a maid," I say. I turn towards Asher. "Remember, this is MY house and if anyone is a maid, it's you."

I run back to my platform, and continue bringing it to my tree. I then realize, I have no way of getting it onto the tree. I decide that we can figure that out later. I climb up my tree, and enter my room. I pick up the next piece and started to bring it outside. 

"Do you need help?" Tyler sees me and asks me. I nod. 

"Can you bring this to the tree near my window?" I ask. He grins, knowing what I was doing. He takes the piece out my hands, and brings it downstairs. 

The rest of my brothers join in, and they bring the rest of the pieces outside. 

My brothers started to hammer the pieces together and my dad and I head to the garage. I ask my dad to look for paint brushes, while I look for paint. We find what we need, and head outside. When we arrive outside, I see the treehouse put together. We all take a paintbrush, and splatter paint all over it. The only place we left blank, was the floor so that we could put it in the tree immediately.

Since my brothers are tall, they were able to put it in the tree. They positioned the tree house, so that the door faced my window. They then made a walkway from my window to the door. While they were doing that, I walked through the guest hall to find a twin bed. I was going to take a mattress, and put it in my treehouse. 

Of course, the room with only twin bed had to be next to Asher's room. I tried not to think about him as I walked by his room. When I got in the room with the twin bed, I pulled off the sheets, and took it out of the bed frame. I brought the mattress out of the room, and heard a big crash. 

Whoops..