Chapter 6

Calum's P.O.V

I was downstairs eating pizza with Luke and a few other boys from our music class, when I felt like I should go look after Ashton. He passed out earlier today after telling us his story and I felt so bad for him. He shouldn't be treated like this, no matter if it's his stupid father or Michael and the twins.

Only because he's gay or Michael and his friends are bored. I mean, what's the problem with being gay? Love is always the same, no matter if it's between girl and boy or boy and boy or also girl and girl. I am straight but still it's no reason to hate on gay people, why should I?

"Luke? I'm going upstairs to look how Ashton is.", I said to the blonde boy who was just participating in a competition of who could eat his pizza fastest. He just nodded and shoved the next piece of pizza into his mouth. I laughed, it looked so stupid but also kinda cu- I mean funny, since he clearly wasn't winning at all. A boy with brown, curly hair, I think his name was Harry, was already at his last piece, while Luke and the other boys -Liam, Niall, Louis and Zayn- still had three pieces left.

I got up and left the scene when Harry started cheering because he won. Shaking my head, I walked up the stairs and knocked on our room door. No one answered.

I slowly pushed down the handle and looked around the room. Ashton wasn't there. I wanted to leave but then something caught my eye. Light was coming through the gap between bathroom door and floor.

I went towards the door and heard someone crying and sobbing inside. Ashton.

He clearly wanted to be alone, no one wants other people to see them cry, but I couldn't resist the urge to at least look through the lock of the door.

What I saw got me horrified and I immediately starting crying again. Ashton was in there and was there was blood. I quickly opened the door and gasped.

The curly-haired boy was curled up into a ball and his arms were covered in light red cuts. There was blood everywhere, on his clothes, the floor and also the basin.

As Ashton heard I was inside the room, he looked up and asked, "Calum? Why are you crying"?

"That's not important. Ash, why is everywhere blood and why are your arms scarred?", I cried.

The boy just pointed towards a blade on the floor. "I cut", he said shrugging and started crying again, curling up even more into a ball, if that was even possible.

"Why Ash?", I asked him quietly.

"M-My family and my looks and Michael"

"Why do you take everything they say for granted? You are goodlooking Ashton, and only because that dumbass Michael and his minions or your father say you're ugly or fat, it doesn't mean you really are. You're beautiful Ash, with your looks you could get every gir-sorry, I mean boy you like."

"No I can't and actually they are right.", he said sadly.

"No, they aren't, stop saying this." I argued and held my hand out to him. "Come on, let's get your arms bandaged"

He grabbed my hand and we cleaned his cuts again which were pretty deep and then bandaged his arms before he pulled on his hoodie and wristbands again.

"Since when are you cutting?", I asked him when we sat down on my bed.

"Since the accident", he said, tears glistening in his eyes from the memory.

I just nodded and hugged him from the side. My sister Mali was cutting once when we were younger and I didn't understand at all what was happening. I only remember that she never wanted pity, only someone to care and comfort her, and that's who I wanted to be for Ashton.