just right | keivan

song: just right (딱 솧아) - got7

removed some of the lyrics so that it can fit this oneshot c:

···

baby, you are just...
just right

the barbie doll's figure was society's ideal body figure. a curvy body, with slender legs and wide hips. society thought of people who had this kind of body shape perfect.

some people went out of their way to attain this perfection. they underwent plastic surgery, stuffing silicon into their breasts to enhance their cup size, removing ribs to make their waists slimmer, and injecting chemicals into their faces to make it have that sharp jawline.

all in the name of beauty. like they say, "no pain, no gain".

mirror, mirror please tell her
scale, please tell her too
that she doesn't need to change anything
that she's pretty and perfect just as she is right now
just be happy, don't worry
don't look for your flaws
instead of the mirror, just look into my eyes
instead of the scale, just get on my back

thankfully, van wasn't like these people. she didn't desire to have barbie's body shape. no no no. to her, barbie's body shape was fake.

but at the same time, she couldn't help but feel insecure. she didn't like a lot of things about herself and she wanted to change. when she looked in the mirror, all she saw was a fat blob. when she looked at the scale, all she saw was the word 'overweight'.

everything about you is just right
so relax, stop worrying
you can believe what i'm saying 100%
so you can erase all of your worries 100%

van didn't go to the extremes like others did. she didn't go on those weird diets. she knew those could bring horrid repercussions in the long run. malnutrition and anorexia were some of them.

but she lowered the amount of saturated fats she was taking in. she started to go on jogs. she made sure she burnt the extra nutrients she took in to maintain a balanced diet.

she aimed to be slimmer. but she never aimed to be malnourished.

no matter how much i take you apart
and look and look at you
i can't find that part of yourself
that you think isn't pretty

inexplicably, her reduction of nutrients turned into skipping of meals. sometimes, she never ate a lot. just a loaf or bread, or maybe nothing at all. her friends were beginning to question her weird diet, but she always told them she just wasn't hungry.

tsukishima noticed. and he started to worry.

funny, how he thought he never cared about her at all.

so now why did he even bother about her?

if you just stay
the way you are now
i want nothing more
so don't change anything
don't worry about anything
because i like everything about you
don't change anything about yourself

"tsukki, did you see what van had for lunch?"

"don't know, don't care."

yamaguchi bit on his lower lip. he knew tsukishima was just being a tsundere, but couldn't he just show some concern for once?

"tsukki."

the blonde continued listening to his music while doing his homework, choosing to turn a deaf ear to yamaguchi's words.

"all she had today was a loaf of bread."

yamaguchi saw something flicker in tsukishima's gold-brown eyes the moment those words left his mouth.

"and i think something may be wrong."

that was all it took to send tsukishima out of the classroom.

just as you are (right now), oh (just as you are)
oh (just as you are right now), just stay as you are

"hey."

van looked up from her book. she was already thrown off by seeing him right after eating.

"hey yourself," she said, "if you have nothing else to say, please leave me alone. i have stuff to do."

"i just think that you should eat properly," he said, eyes still bland as ever.

"and what does my eating habits have to do with you?" she said, raising an eyebrow up at him.

"you take triple science. you know it's not healthy," he replied, "also. changing yourself just to make yourself look prettier is dumb. you'll change naturally in due time."

his face was flushed slightly pink as he added, "and i think you're just right the way you are."

i'd find a flaw if there was even a flaw that i could see
you dazzle, you have nothing missing
do you know how pretty you are in my eyes? i want you
just as you are, you're the only one
I'd find a flaw if there was even a flaw that I could see
you dazzle, you have nothing missing
do you know how pretty you are in my eyes? i want you

just like that, his face turned back to their normal human colouring as he said, "now excuse me, i have things to do."

as he turned on his heel to leave, van called out, "oi, tsukishima."

he stopped in his tracks and turned around, "what?"

she looked at him, and smiled, "thanks."

just as you are, you're the only one

···

[ 837 ]
[ 200818 ]

hA i told you i would publish this @ van

also if anyone of you out there is starving yourself i will come with my dose of chocolates and you have to eat them >:( starving yourself doesn't slim you down, it makes you anorexic and malnourished in the long run, so don't do it friends!! esp since eoys is in a month's time!!

and also 4 more days till bts releases their comeback mv!! can they just release teaser trailers alr 🤧🤧🤧