love | shonnon

dt / caramelchips

···

shanz looked at the clock hanging from the wall in front of the lecture hall. in a few seconds, she would be released and she could then run out of there to meet hinata for their long-arranged date.

five, four, three, two, one...

the bell shrieked shrilly. the professor closed the thick textbook as the students shoved their stationery and other things into their bags. the professor reminded them about their essay that was due in two weeks' time before exiting.

shanz swung her bag over her shoulder and skipped down the stairs in glee. she pulled her neon pink cardigan around herself tighter, smiling to herself. along with the other students, they filed out of the hall and they began to rush to their classes. that day was also the least tiresome day for the two, hence the date.

she pulled her phone out of her pocket to send a text to hinata.

-

shouyou ☀🌟🌻💛 & shanz ❤💖💗💞

shanz ❤💖💗💞:
are you there yet?

shouyou ☀🌟🌻💛:
i'm reaching soon!!! see you!!! ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)3、')

-

a smile found its way to shanz's lips, and she shut her phone off before shoving it into her pocket.

+

upon reaching the designated meeting point, shanz managed to spot hinata.

it wasn't that hard, really. who else had orange hair, and would jump up and down?

her face broke into a grin and she ran towards him, hair fluttering along in the wind. hinata had spotted her as well, and his bright aura only seemed to heighten as he dashed forward, too.

he opened his arms wide and she ran straight into them, before he closed them and held her tightly. she laughed and squeezed him back.

after what seemed like a long embrace, she tilted her head upwards so that she could see his sparkling brown eyes.

"hi," she said softly, big grin still in place.

"hi," he said equally as softly, the corners of his lips nearly reaching his eyes.

"we look like a couple who has been separated for years," she commented with a laugh.

"a month is basically decades in hinata time," he said with a pout.

shanz simply laughed at him before letting go of him. his hand made its way to hold her hand. her eye caught sight of his jacket seeingly falling further down his hips, so she let go of his hand momentarily to tighten it around his waist. once that was done, hinata caught ahold of her hand again.

"thank you," he said before squeezing her hand a little.

"you're welcome," she said, "now, where to?"

the answer was easy. it was karaoke.

the two had located a nearby branch of their favourite karaoke chain. after paying for three hours' worth of singing, they went to get their snacks. shanz, of course, wanted the ice cream and the milo, and hinata was busy collecting his crackers.

after filling her mug with milo and the bowl with ice cream, she was trying to hold the food items in two hands. it wasn't easy, considering how she struggled with balancing the two without letting their contents spill. hinata spied her difficulty, so he single handedly swooped the mug out of her grasp.

"let me get that for you," he said.

though his hands weren't that large himself, she appreciated the gesture nonetheless, "thank you, shouyou."

she pressed her lips against his cheeks quickly, then skipped off to hold the door for him. he entered, and she followed suit.

once they settled down, they began to choose the songs and grabbed the microphones.

+

the karaoke session led to lunch, then a movie, then dinner. the day had seemed to pass by in a blink of an eye, and they didn't even notice the time until shanz checked her phone, which was about ten-forty. they would have continued their date, but the last train was at eleven.

the two were presently walking towards the station, hand in hand, arms intertwined. shanz was already resting her head on hinata's shoulder.

"hey, when is the next time that we see each other?" hinata murmured.

"another month," shanz replied.

"i'll have to make do with pictures of you, then."

"you'll survive."

they stopped at the front of the station.

"this is where we part again," she said, unwrapping her arm from his. their hands were still connected.

a pout was on his lips, "don't i get my goodbye kiss?"

she chuckled, "i'll never forget that."

she stood in front of him and got on her tippy toes. she unlatched her fingers from his, then brought both hands up to cup and tilt his face downwards. he watched her every movement with rounded eyes. she then leaned forward, until their noses were touching.

"i love you," he said suddenly, closing his eyes, and leaning forward to close the gap between them.

she smiled into the kiss and put a little pressure at the end before breaking apart, then said, "i love you too."

···

( 840 )
( 190319 )

y'all k what to do with the italicised words ;))) (they're the lyrics from 'falling for u' btw) + this wasn't as good as i thought it'd be :(((

i missed shonnon lots ㅠㅠ rmb the days i would update with approx weekly shonnon and now shonnon is rly dry? yeah

anw!! happy birthday shanz!! aa you're finally legal to watch nc16 movies as well!! thank you for being a gr10 chingu and for babbling abt bangtan and got7 with me :DD i actually hv smth else for you but i'll probably gift it to you at a later time since i've not completed it yet :(:( + once again happy blessed bday!! save some cake for me ya