butterfly | keirissa

don't think of anything
don't say anything, not even a word
just give me a smile

you know you're hopelessly in love when all you think about is your crush. everything that used to matter to you disappears and all you see is their eyes and their smile.

because that was exactly what happened to akaashi keiji. he found it harder to concentrate on the actual important things, and all he ever thought of was tea.

i still can't believe it
all of this seems like a dream
don't try to disappear

at first, akaashi didn't think he'd stand a chance with tea. first of all, she was a year younger than him, making it almost impossible to see her. secondly, she was bokuto's friend and neighbour, and of course the captain would bombard him with questions of "why are you so chummy with tea", "do you have something for her", ecetra.

however, the universe seemed to be sick and tired of him pining her and being too chicken to make the first move.

so they both ended up as the students on library duty every wednesday.

is it true? is it true?
you, you
you're so beautiful, that i'm scared
untrue, untrue
you, you, you

through this library duty, the two grew closer than ever. akaashi learnt more about the girl he liked, from her favourite colour to biggest fear.

every single word she said sounded like music to his ears. her every touch, accidental or not, sent goosebumps up his skin. her smile made his face burn up intensely, and her presence alone set his heart on fire.

you're just like a butterfly
from afar, i steal glances;
if we touch hands, will i lose you?
you shine in this pitch darkness that is the butterfly effect
your light touches, i forget the reality at once

"hey, akaashi-senpai?"

he hummed in response, setting a set of returned books aside, ready to be returned onto their respective shelves.

"have you ever had a girlfriend before?"

the question was so sudden, it caught him off-guard and resulted in him knocking into the side of the table. he hissed softly with a wince, before turning around.

"w-why do you ask?" he asked, trying to keep his face neutral.

"it's nothing," she replied with a small smile, finally turning away from him to collect another stack of books.

it's like a wind that gently strokes me
it's like a dust that gently drifts along
you're there, but for some reason, i can't reach you, stop
you, who's like a dream, are a butterfly high to me

valentine's day was around the corner. which meant a period of time where girls were insanely giggly and were discussing who they were going to gift chocolates to.

which was also why akaashi had caught multiple girls giving him looks and started blushing intensely and squealing whenever he locked eyes with them.

"you're going to receive a lot of chocolates this year," was what tea said out of the blue while they were on duty.

to be honest, he didn't want their chocolates. what was the point of receiving chocolates when they're not from someone you like?

"that's troublesome," he said, "it just means i have to repay them on white day."