bubble tea | tobi-q

"i'm craving for bubble tea."

kageyama looked down at the shorter female, who suddenly had that look in her eyes. the one which she had whenever she was hit by 'sudden inspiration', be it about food, music, or even a random thought.

qq turned to him, then tugged his sleeve and chanted, "let's go get bubble tea let's go get bubble tea let's go get bubble tea let's—"

"yes, yes, we'll get bubble tea," he said, cutting her off, and she let out a soft cheer of delight.

the two went to the fourth floor of the mall, arm in arm, with her having a spring in her step. they reached the bubble tea shop, and went over to a vacant ordering machine.

"medium or large?" she asked, weighing between the two options.

"i'll pick for you. large," kageyama said, jabbing the 'large' option.

"hey!" qq exclaimed, "that's more expensive!"

"but i'm paying for it."

he had a habit of buying anything and everything for her most of the time, (because he knew she liked to be spoiled,) to which she liked to tease him and call him a 'sugar daddy'. (he didn't understand what that meant, though.)

"but still..." she muttered, chewing her bottom lip.

he sighed inwardly.

"so, 70% sugar or 100% sugar?" she asked, tapping on her chin, "and with pearls or no?"

"i'll make the choice," he said.

"hey—"

he tapped '100% sugar' and chose 'pearls' as the toppings. lots of pearls.

once the order was chosen, she said, "your turn, tobio!"

"i've never tried bubble tea before, though," he replied.

"well, i recommend milk tea!" she said, then added sheepishly, "though that's the only drink that i drink."

he tapped onto the 'milk tea' option, and something caught his eye.

the 'fresh milk' option.

"fresh... milk?"

"whoa, since when did they have that?" she asked no one in particular, leaning forward to eye the option, "is that a new addition?"

he didn't seem to hear her. all he heard was 'fresh milk fresh milk fresh milk' repeatedly in his head, and he reached out and jabbed the button.

"tobio, did you just tap the 'fresh milk' option?"

"yes."

"..you do know we could've just gotten fresh milk down from the supermarket, right?"

"yes."

she facepalmed.

"i—never mind."

he satisfactorily tapped his drink options, selecting 'large', '25% sugar', and 'no toppings'.

and with that, he paid for the drinks.

+

once the duo got their drinks, qq went to retrieve the straws: one with a bigger diameter for herself and another with a smaller diameter for him. they stabbed their straws into their drinks and began sipping, kageyama being very satisfied with his drink.

"i still can't believe you chose fresh milk," she said with a sigh, then began chewing on the pearls.

he shrugged, then continued sipping.

···

( 472 )
( 180518 )

i shld rly stop writing abt myself LMAO this is so narcissistic ;;; ++ preps over!!!

also yes koi now has a 'fresh milk' option, vanberg and i found it, and i thought of this scenario, you're welcome