affection | keivan

dt / jirotaru

···

fake salt & shortcake

fake salt:
자기야, 생일ㅊㅋ.
[ babe, happy birthday. ]
read, 6.03 a.m.

-

van could cringe. or maybe not.

this morning birthday message was indeed sweet of him, but in korean? and terms of endearment? how ooc was her boyfriend getting?

she wondered if it was actually someone else who sent that message. maybe it was akiteru, playing around with his little brother's phone. or maybe tsukishima asked someone who learnt korean to send a simple "happy birthday" over but trolled him instead.

oh well. she could ask him about it when she got to school later. or maybe not, because that would be embarrassing.

either way, van would make her decision once she stepped foot into school.

+

lo and behold, tsukishima was outside, waiting for her.

she blinked multiple times, rubbed her eyes, and even pinched herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming. yep, there was a red bruise on her arm. so this was definitely very real.

"what are you doing here?" was the question that left her lips as she walked up to him.

"i'm walking you to school," he said calmly.

she wanted to ask him more, but decided against it, so she kept her mouth shut.

the whole walk was silent. only the sound of their shoes smacking against the gravel could be heard.

after minutes of silence, tsukishima asked, "d-do you want to h-hold hands?"

van choked out, "w-what?"

because since when did the tsukishima kei ever show signs of skinship?

"i'm not repeating myself," he mumbled, gloved hand stuck out in her direction.

she wasn't going to let this moment pass. so she grabbed his offered hand and closed her shorter fingers around his huge palm. his hand fully encased hers in what seemed like the warmest hug her hand ever felt.

more silence ensued as the duo continued walking to school. van suddenly thought of that supposedly cryptic message he had sent to her.

"hey, tsukki," she said, "why'd you send me that message in the morning?"

he was confused at first, but recognition soon alighted on his face, "that birthday message?"

"yeah."

his face flushed slightly, "i t-thought it'd be nice to say 'happy birthday' to you in korean."

"you're not explaining the 'babe' in front of the wish though."

"..there was a 'babe'?"

"duh. what did you think '자기야' [babe] meant?"

an unreadable look crossed his face, "i asked hayashi-san to help me type that message yesterday. i should've known something like this would happen."

she sighed and mentally facepalmed.

"anyway. i know i'm complete shit at showing affection, so i thought i'd give the holding hands thing a try," he muttered.

"so you're gonna give the 자기야 thing a try as well?" her tone was jokey.

"..maybe."

she nearly choked, "..that's very cringey of you."

he turned his head and looked down at her. crimson caked her cheeks. his lips curled upwards into a smirk.

"scratch that. i'll do it."

they stopped right outside the school gate and they let go of each others' hands. her face was as red as a cherry now.

her eyebrows furrowed and she glared at him, "tsukishima kei!"

he chuckled, "i'll see you later then, 자기 [babe]."

he turned and was about to leave before turning around again to press a quick kiss on her flushed cheek, "happy birthday."

···

( 562 )
( 060119 )

lol i think i made tsukki a lil ooc at the end what's new

생일 축하 합니다 van!! i've pretty much said everything i needed to say on the card we gave on fri so!! :DD also don't deny that keivan is v real ok + we all k you're not soft from the pencil case but tsukki who's on the pencil case ;)))