the father | kimshi

single parent au!! ft single parent!suga x kindergarten teacher!kimberly

···

kimberly was a kindergarten teacher. ever since she was young, she had always been drawn to little kids and had a passion for teaching them. so, immediately after college, she went to apply for a teaching degree, along with child psychology.

and so she had been allocated to a kindergarten in toronto, miyagi.

the children there were precious, in her opinion. they were really adorable and if she could, she would adopt all of them.

now, this one day, there was a child who was the last to be picked up. the sun had already began to set, and yet the child's parents weren't there yet.

"haruka-chan," she said as she walked over to the silver-haired girl, "do you want to give your parents a call?"

haruka shook her head, "tousan is probably very busy right now."

"jaa, i can call your mom instead," kimberly said.

haruka's lips were straightened into a straight line, and she shook her head furiously, hugging her stuffed bear to her chest.

"haruka-chan," kimberly said gently, "school's about to lock up soon, and we need to get you home safely. could you let me call your mom?"

"tousan will be here," haruka said firmly.

helplessly, kimberly remained silent, then said, "i'll wait with you then."

seconds turned into minutes, then hours. finally, a man showed up at the door. he was wearing a suit, and had an uneasy smile on his face. to be very honest, kimberly thought he was beautiful. she smacked herself for thinking that way. he was a married man, for goodness' sake!

"haruka-chan," the father said, his uneasy smile turning into a warm one, as he bent down and stretched out his arms just as his daughter came running up to him.

both father and daughter embraced.

"tousan!" haruka said as she clung onto him.

"sorry i'm late," he said as they pulled away, and he reached over to pat her head.

she shook her head, "no, it's okay! i know you're very busy!"

he smiled again, "thank you for understanding."

the father saw kimberly looking at both of them, and he stood up to greet her. she walked over to him, her lips curling upwards with uncertainty. on closer inspection, she realised he wasn't very tall — she could rest her head on his shoulder if she wanted to.

"i apologise for the inconvenience," the father said sheepishly as he rubbed his nape.

"no worries!" kimberly said, "i understand you have... irregular working hours?"

"i suppose you could say that," he said.

"well, if it isn't too much of a hassle, could you ask your wife to pick haruka-chan up of you have a sudden extension in working hours?" kimberly asked.

the father's smile faltered, and kimberly was still confused. did she say something wrong?

"ah well, you see," he said slowly, "my wife left us when haruka was only two."

"oh," kimberly blinked, then added, "i'm sorry."

"it's quite alright," the father said, "oh, it's getting late. we'll take our leave first?"

"sure, go on!" kimberly said as she plastered a smile back on her face, "see you tomorrow!"

the father smiled, then nodded and said, "see you tomorrow."

···

( 534 )
( 270119 )

ok so yes i've been getting into the idea of aus + fluff recently