i miss you | tobi-q

i'd recommend you to play the song while reading, but wp is a bih and doesn't allow us to play songs and read stuff at the same time :(

···

continuation to 'letter'

kageyama knelt down on one knee.

smiling, he whispered, "i'm here."

he placed the bouquet of fresh forget-me-nots on the little raised platform, then stood back up.

standing erect and tall, was a cold grave that read 'hayashi qq', with her birth date and death date engraved on it.

"it's been two years since you left, and my shit still isn't quite together," he said, eyebrows knotting as the painful memory of that fateful day resurfaced.

he had arrived back at the apartment, takeout in his hands. he managed to take his shoes off and place them at the side neatly, before opening the second door to the living room and said, "tadaima."

no response.

he figured qq was asleep since he would only get this response if such.

so why then did the air feel colder than usual?

ignoring the tense atmosphere, he placed the takeout on the table, opening the lid of the packaging to let the aroma of udon waft out. he even helped her take out the wooden chopsticks from the wrapper and split it for her.

once that was done, he went towards her door and knocked on the door, "qq, i've got takeout."

no response.

she must be really tired, was all he thought.

stepping inside, he could make out her form on her bed in the dark, but also spotted something on her nightstand.

a bottle.

suspicion gnawed at the pit of his stomach, and with a flick, he switched the lights on.

it was a bottle of sleeping pills.

his eyes widened in fear as he trudged forward to pick the bottle up. sure enough, the bottle was empty.

she overdosed.

he reached over to her, only feeling her cold skin. he tried to find any signs of breathing and even the faintest heartbeat, to which he felt none. he even tried shaking her awake, to which was no avail.

"this can't be... you can't be..."

he spotted the notebook on the nightstand, and he whisked it off. he saw his name written on the post-it stuck on the notebook, and he immediately flipped it open. he recognised her handwriting on the very first page, spelling out 'dear tobio' on the very first line.

her footnote.

he dropped to his knees, heaving loud sobs. salty tears dripped down from his eyes as he held the notebook close to his chest, as if it would disintegrate.

she can't be dead! this has to be some sort of dream...

he pinched itself, to which he only felt a slight pain stinging beneath his skin.

it was very real.

"you can't have...! you said you'd always be by my side..."

his world seemed to crash and burn around him as he let out loud heaving sobs, not even caring if the neighbours heard. even when the ambulance came and went, he couldn't stop crying.