In Too Deep

Sonic and Sally laughed as they walked through the mall with their ice creams.

The two of them had been happily dating for two weeks and people were shocked by this news. Most of the other kids at school and her own brother couldn't understand why Sally, a rich and popular girl, was dating a 'nerd' like Sonic.

Sonic's friends, mostly my, were worried that the red head would figure out he was the sea fae she saw and tell the world about their blue friend. But Sonic dismissed their fears. He was enjoying his time with Sally and he truly felt like a normal teenager again.

Sally suddenly leaned in for a kiss, only for them both to freeze when the heard a splat. They slowly looked down and saw that Sonic's strawberry ice cream and collided against the chipmunk's purple blouse.

Sonic panicked at first, but it melted away when he heard her laughing.

"Bad move." She laughed as she wrapped one arm around his shoulders and playfully raised her own ice cream up to his face. "Say you're sorry."

"No." He laughed as he leaned away from the icy treat.

"Then accept the penalty!"

"No!" Sonic laughed again as he broke free and the two ran around the mall until their ice creams had melted and they quickly threw them out.

"So, what are you doing later on?" She asked and he just shrugged. "Do you wanna come out on the boat?"

"Maybe another day." He replied with a nervous chuckle.

"You always say that." She frowned before smirking. "You never know, we might see a merhog."

"Sal, forget about the merhog, I'm not coming out on the boat!" He glared.

"Why?" She growled. "What is it with you? Why you always so secretive?"

"I-I just don't like water." He lied to his girlfriend when his phone suddenly beeped. "I gotta go, I'm supposed to be at work now." He said before dashing off...

******

Amy Rose frowned as she made her way towards Sonic's house. She was angry and worried when her blue friend told them that he and Sally Acorn had started dating.

She had been worried because of the chipmunk and her brother already claiming to have seen the blue hybrid when he was in his other form and believed that he was being reckless and stupid.

When she knocked on the door she was surprised when Emma Nets opened the door.

"Hello Miss Rose, to what do I owe the pleasure." She smiled.

"Is Sonic home? I want to talk to him." She replied and the older woman chuckled.

"You mean you want to talk him out of dating Sally." She corrected and Amy dropped her head in shame. Emma didn't say anything and let the pink teen inside and into the living room.

"I-I know I should be happy for him but I'm worried for him." Amy sighed.

"I know the feeling." She replied and pulled out one of the old books they had found in the chest. The old cat flipped through the pages and stopped on two pages that should two girls around Amy's age.

One was a tall, black jackal and the other was a yellow cat.

"Who are they?"

"My daughters Karen and Gracie." She replied with a sad sigh. "They had inherited my sea fae powers, as well as tails, they were just like Sonic and you kids, it was exciting, unbelievable, magical; they shared the secret and the adventure, I don't have to tell you how special it is." She smiled at the teen, who smiled back...