Chapter Seven

"I still can't believe you're doing this," Stone says as we look at the bronc that's inside of the chute.

"Doesn't look too bad," I say with a smile.

"Cause you're not on the back of him yet," Bradley says with a laugh.

"I figured as much," I say with a smile.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Bradley asks.

I nod my head. "Absolutely," I say.

"Remember what I said Georgette," Stone calls out as me and Bradley walk in the arena he has set up for us. I turn around and look at him. "You're not allowed to die on me," he says. I give him a smile and Bradley leads me to the chute.

"Alright Georgie, this here is Tesla, and he's a retired pro. He doesn't have as much buck as he use to, but he's good for training," he tells me.

"Hi Tesla," I say looking at the black horse that's standing in the chute. "Please don't murder me." I laugh nervously.

I climb up the railing and prepare myself to get on the back of the horse. "Alright whenever you're ready," he says.

I climb on the back of the horse and he starts to move around the chute restlessly. "When you're ready for Conner to open the chute just give him a nod," Bradley explains.

I take a deep breath. It's now or never. I give Conner the nod and Tesla bolts out of the chute. I stay on for about three seconds. I hit the ground with a hard thud, as Conner and Cody, Bradley's sons, move Tesla out of the area.

I get up with a groan and laugh. "How was it?" Bradley asks with a smile.

I give him a big grin. "That, was amazing," I say breathlessly.

Bradley laughs. "Now you just got to stay on for five more seconds," he says.

"Yeah," I say with a laugh.

I walk over to where Stone is leaning in the railing watching. "You did pretty good out there," he says with a smile.

"Don't act so surprised," I say leaning on the railing.

He laughs. "You're definitely crazy," he states.

I laugh. "I thought you already knew that," I say.

"I did, but I swear Georgette you prove it everyday that you can be a lot crazier than the day before," he says laughing.

I smile at him. "Isn't that part of my charm?" I ask innocently.

He laughs. "Oh don't fein that innocent look with me," he says.

I roll my eyes. "I know, I know."

After a few more hours of training we finally call it a day. To say I'm sore is an understatement. Me and Stone climb in the van and head off back to Wendy's.

We get to the house and walk inside, and Colt meets us in the living room. "You look like hell," he says with a chuckle.

"Getting thrown off a couple times will do that to you," I retort.

"You still gonna go through with this?" He asks.

"Absolutely," I say walking into the guest bedroom.