Chapter Twenty Two

Stone's Point of View

Today's the day that Georgette leaves for Duke. She's leaving at noon, which is why I'm up before then. I wipe the sleep from my eyes and sigh. I'm going to miss her like crazy. There's a knock on my door, and JJ walks in.

"Hey man," he says. I haven't seen him since the night him and Georgette broke up.

"Hey," I say.

"She leaves today," he reminds me.

"I know," I say.

"Figured I'd say goodbye. We're still going to be friends, I think," he informs me.

"That's good," I say.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Why did you hurt her again, after everything?" I ask.

"I wish I had a good excuse, but I was just angry, and I took it out on her," he tells me.

"You're an ass," I tell him.

He nods his head. "Yeah, you're not wrong," he says.

"I'm going to miss her so fucking much man," I tell him.

"I know man," he says, sitting next to me on my bed. "But, there's the holidays and maybe you could go up there to visit every once in a while. And then, you'll be working on your music stuff, and she'll be busy with university. Time will fly by."

"She said she fell in love with me," I tell him.

"Wait what?" He asks.

"She said that she was still not over you and the she's still in love with you, and that's why she doesn't want to try anything with me right now, but that she fell in love with me. She doesn't want to hurt me again by rushing into anything right now," I say.

"Wow," he says. "I guess us breaking up worked out well for you," Joey jokes.

I look at him with a small smile. "Thanks for being such a fuck up douchebag," I tell him.

"Anytime," he says with a smile. We both laugh, and then JJ looks at me with a serious expression. "I hope it works out for you man."

I sigh. "Thanks," I say.

He stands up. "Now let's go send her off in style," he says.

We drive over to Wendy and Colt's house, and meet everyone in the living room. "Georgie's not here yet," Colt informs us.

"Yeah Wen went to go pick her up," Eileen tells us. Her and AJ are cuddled on the couch, and they seem so happy. I hope I can have that with Georgette one day.

We hear a car pull into the driveway, and soon after Wendy and Georgette walk in. "Hey y'all," she greets us happily. Her smile brightening up the room.

Everyone greets her, and the party kicks into full gear. I decide to take a breather out on the back porch. I sit down in a lawn chair and sigh. I'm happy for her, but I'm going to miss her. Im worried, that maybe she'll not want to be with me, or fall out of love with me.