Chapter Twenty Seven

Georgie's Point of View

My phone vibrating, is what wakes me up. Stone has his arms wrapped around me. I look over at his adorable sleeping self. He's just in his boxers, his hair a mess around his handsome face. His mouth is open slightly, and he's snoring softly.

I pull Stone's shirt down some, so it's not bunched up underneath my legs, and pull my phone out from the inside of my pillow case. It's eleven in the morning, and I have a a few text messages. One from Wendy, one from Ellie, and one from the last person I thought I'd be getting a text from right now. Joey. I decide to open Joey's first.

Hey Georgie. I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear from right now, but something bad is going on back home. It involves mine and Stone's fathers. I texted and called him, but got no answer. I know he went to visit you, so can you just have him get back to me ASAP please. And I'm sorry to bother you with this. It's just pretty fucked up what they could be involved in, and I don't want to scare you, but this could be an issue for you as well. Just please, one of you, get back to me soon. I'm sorry

I take a deep breath. Whatever is going on, must be serious. And, how can something that involves their fathers be an issue for me? I open the other texts, and then roll over, so I'm facing Stone again. I shake him awake.

"Good morning beautiful," he says in his uber sexy sleep voice. A lazy grin is plastered on his face as he looks at me, kissing me softly on the lips.

"Good morning handsome," I say with a smile. I hate that I'm going to have to ruin this perfect morning. "I got a text from Joey."

Stone's smile disappears. "What'd he want?" He asks.

"He needs one of us to call him. It should be you because it's about y'all's fathers," I tell him.

Stone groans. "Fucking hell," he says, sitting up. "This is not something I wanna fucking deal with right now. Not after how perfect last night was," he says and flashes me his infamous grin.

I give him a small smile. "I know," I say. "But it sounded urgent. He said it could affect me too."

Stone looks at me confused. "How the hell?" He questions aloud, and climbs down from my bed. He grabs his phone from our little coffee table, and calls Joey. He answers after three rings.

"Yo, this better be a fucking life or death situation," Stone says into the phone, obviously annoyed. Joey must be pursuing their fathers nonstop still. Stone doesn't talk for about a minute, while he lets Joey finish what he needed to tell him.

"Alright so it's serious," Stone replies. "What does this have to do with Georgia?"

That's the question that's been gnawing at me, since I read Joey's text message. "Shit. Okay. I'll tell her man," he says. "I'll be home tomorrow." Stone hangs up the phone, and turns to look at me.

"Joey found some stuff that could mean our fathers are involved in sex trafficking this time around," Stone tells me. His tone is deflated, as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Fuck," I say. "That's serious."

"Yeah," Stone says. "And, he thinks you could be a target."

My heart stops. Are they really targeting me? Is that what happened to Olive? "Oh my god. Olive," I say.

"Yeah, I know," he says.

"Y'all need to go to the police," I say.

"Trust me, I'm dragging Joey to the station kicking and screaming if I have to," Stone says as he pulls his pants on.

"If you need to leave now, I understand. This is some serious shit," I tell him.

"I'm texting him, telling him to take the shit he found to the police, and that I'll be there tomorrow to help out. And if I find out he doesn't, I'm kicking his stupid ass into the ground," Stone tells me.

"Are you sure you shouldn't go now? If this really is what they're doing, the longer y'all wait, the worse it could get," I respond.

"I know," Stone replies. "But, I'm making sure Joey goes down there now, and I'm staying. I need to make sure you're safe."

"Stone," I say, but he stops me, by walking over to the side of the bed, and leaning up to kiss me.

"I'm staying here another night," he says. "I need the peace of mind."

I sigh. "Okay, but make sure he goes," I tell him.

He gives me that infamous Stone Keller grin, making my heart flutter. Despite, the seriousness of the situation. "I promise," he says.

He texts Joey back as I climb down from my bed. I put on a pair of jeans, and sit in my desk chair. Are they really targeting me? This is all so fucked up. I wish they didn't have to go through this, and I can't help but worry about Olive. I hope they can find her. Bring her home.

Stone sets his phone down, and grabs a shirt from his bag. He puts it on, and kneels down in front of me. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you Georgia. I can see those wheels turning, in that pretty head of yours. I'll be keeping tabs on my father, and what's going on, and if they really are targeting you, then I'll make sure you're safe from them. I'm not letting them take you from me. Not now, not ever. Okay?" He tells me, taking my hands in his.

I nod my head. "Okay," I say. "I'm glad you're staying tonight. I feel safe with you here."

He gives me a small smile, and brushes my hair behind my ear. "I'll always make sure you're safe Georgette. I love you," he tells me, kissing my forehead.

"I love you," I say.

After the crazy morning we had, me and Stone decide to go get food with Ellie, Finn, and Eli. We both need the distraction. "So, how was your night?" Ellie asks with a smirk.

I immediately feel myself blush, thinking about last night with Stone. It was our first time, and it was even better than I could have imagined. I give her a smile, and a nervous chuckle. "It was fantastic," I reply.

"The morning not so much," Stone adds.

"What happened?" Eli asks.

"My father's a dickwad," Stone replies. "He's a scumbag criminal, and now he's trying to ruin my life."

"Woah heavy," Finn says.

"Yeah," Stone says with a sigh.

"Well, we can't help with that, but we can take you to the best hamburger joint in town, and try to get your mind off of it," Finn says.

"Sounds perfect," Stone says with a chuckle.