Jungkook, Thank you

I felt the hand on my arm let go and saw the life in my mom's eyes fade away but I never saw the beauty and happiness and loving, caring mother I saw leave her face and my memory. She was and still is my mom that I love. Seeing her whenever I close my eyes, in my dreams, and in the mirror. I look like her. I look like my mom. The person I love with all my heart and lost.

I love you mom. Please know that.

When me and dad left the room, he grabbed my shoulders, made me face him and he hugged me. Like, actually hugged me, one on one. I haven't hugged my dad like this in a while. The last time was when I was...you know. Out of the hospital, trying to get better. The last time was when he left for the business trip, and now. When he hugged me, the tears forming in my eyes bursted and I hugged him back. Crying with my dad. I thought he was just hugging me and having no tears, but I felt something wet on my shoulder and when I looked at my dad, tears. Tears were in his eyes. The tears that made me cry even harder. We were now both broken. Broken losing the person we love.

Dad: "Y/n, mom wanted me to give you this."

He let me go and took an envelope out of his jacket pocket. On the envelope it said 'My baby' in my mom's hand writing. Her beautiful hand writing. I stroked my thumb on the side of it. Wanting to open it right now, but something in me said not to.

Y/n: "I'll open it at mom's funeral."

Dad just nodded and hugged me again.

Dad: "It's going to be hard, but we can do it together. Always."

~Time skip~

My dad and I have been planning the funeral for a couple of days, and we grew even closer then ever. This weekend was my mom's funeral. Jungkook always stayed by my side at school. He was there for me through everything. He was there for me when I was telling Twice and EXO, Jungkook squeezed my hand the whole time. Reassuring me that I can tell them as vulnerable as I am. Twice and EXO cried and Sehun sobbed. He knew my mom so well and he loved her like she was his mother. He stood up and hugged me after I was done. I felt Jungkook let go of my hand but I felt his aura. He was pissed that Sehun was hugging me. Sehun could sense Jungkook's anger too cause he let go of me pretty quickly. I smiled, sadly, knowing that we all are going to see change in each other.

~Time skip~

It's the funeral and I have never been this sad and shaken up in my life. As I looked around the room, I saw my family. My grandparents, dad, aunts, uncles, cousins. Never have I seen almost my whole family under one roof. And I have ALOT of family. When my grandparents on my mom's side show up, the tears streamed down my face even harder. They looked at me and see me crying and immediately ran to me and hugged me. They kept apologizing saying that they are so sorry that I have to deal with this. After they let go I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turn around to see Jungkook.

Jungkook: "Come here."

I wrap my arms around him start sobbing into his suit and he is stroking my hair and whispering into my ear.

Jungkook: "It's going to be okay, it's going to be okay."

I start calming down. I pull away from him and wipe my tears away.

Y/n: "Thank you Jungkook."

He smiles and takes my hand and we sit down next to my dad.

~Time skip~

When the person who was done saying the prays and everything, he asked if anyone had a story or anything. My dad nudges me and I take my purse and take out the letter. Then I walk up to the podium and start reading the letter.