Chapter Eighteen

I stood up and looked over Alli's shoulder at the stick. "Holy shit!"

Our mom's were looking worried. "What does it say?"

"I'm... I'm not pregnant," She managed to say.

She dropped the stick onto the floor and hugged me. I haven't been so relieved in my life. If Alli really was pregnant, I know she would keep it. Then our lives would be completely fucked up. She would be stuck with the baby and I would have my whole career and good reputation completely gone.

Mrs. Hightower looked like she was about to get up and dance and my mom looked just as relieved as I did.

My mom gave me a huge hug and whispered "I'm so happy." in my ear. I know we all are.

"Can you stay a little bit, Justin? You know since you'll be saying goodbye to Alli.."

"Actually." I said with a smile. "I have today off. I'll fly back in tomorrow morning. Is it cool if I sleepover?"

I saw her mom sigh. "Well I guess. I have an extra room..but well I don't know if you guys would be comfortable sleeping together."

I saw my mom laugh and I didn't wanna say 'I'm not sleeping in the same bed as my mom' but I guess my face showed it all. "I'll just take the couch."

"Yeah because you guys don't trust me alone with him." Allison replied with a laugh.

"True!" Mrs. Hightower laughed. "But yeah, you guys go, I wanna bond with Patti here." I instantly felt relieved that they would give us time alone.

"Alright." Allison replied. "Where's Kayla?"

"She's with your dad. I have to pick her up later."

I saw them wave bye and walk into the living room. I turned to Alli and instantly grabbed her hands. "Are you happy I'm staying the night?"

"Really happy but I wish you didn't have to sleep on the couch, it's not that comfortable."

"Great." I replied with sarcasm but then laughed. She laughed too, which instantly made me smile even more. Her smile was so infecious and so breathtaking. She must've seen me staring because she instantly looked confused.

"Do I have something on my face?" She instantly covered her face with her hands. I pulled her hands away and put them back in mine. "No, you're gorgeous."

She blushed and looked down, her face covering her face. "I am not."

"But you are." I lifted her chin so now her eyes were staring in mine. I put her hair strands over her ear. "You're so gorgeous, I can't take my eyes off of you."

"You are so cheesy." She said quietly, with a laugh.

I laughed. "It's true, you gotta believe it." And before she could reply, I leaned in to kiss her. It was soft and gentle and sweet. She let go and smiled as we stared into each others eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too." I replied.

"Let's go up to your room, I'm afraid our parents will be spying on us if we continue."

She nodded and we walked up the steps while I held her hand. I remember the last time I was in her room. It seemed like it had been months ago, not just a few days ago. Everything looked the same as it did the day I made her pack. I tried not to pay attention to the posters of me on the walls, she never got the chance to actually take them down.

She jumped onto her bed and patted the area next to her, motioning for me to sit next to her. I slowly sat down carefully, staring at her beauty. Her warm smile made me want her, but I knew that wasn't happening for a long time after this night. My sigh must have been loud enough for her to hear.