Summertime

Chapter 8

~JOSH~

We arrive in Los Angeles in a little over two hours and the excitement literally rushes through my veins. I've been to LA before but this is the first time I've actually driven here myself with all of my friends in the car. In the past, I used to come here with just Zack and my parents, and while that was still fun, it feels different this time. For the first time in my life, I'm feeling... free and independent. I feel like I can do whatever I want and my parents aren't here to nag me. Damn, this vacation's gonna be great!

At the hotel, we end up getting one two-bedroom and one single-bedroom, and to my surprise, the girls are actually okay with Zack's sleeping arrangements. I guess it makes sense that Anna is, given the fact that she is my girlfriend after all. And Erica obviously has a crush on Zack so... no real reason for them to say no.

Since we're the couple, me and Anna take the single-bedroom, which is actually pretty nice. Though something tells me it was meant for a couple celebrating a romantic occasion. And it's not just the condoms and love-kits sitting atop a mini-fridge filled with celebratory liquors, but also the shower window facing the king-size bed. Oh yeah for sure this room is definitely meant for sexual encounters of all sorts.

"I wonder what's in this love-kit," I say as I pick up the pink little box right in front of Anna.

"Toys for sluts," she says sternly, not even cracking a smile. I guess that answers that question. I put down the box and take a seat next to her on the bed.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

She yawns and mumbles, "Yeah, just tired."

"That's too bad, I was hoping we could maybe go for a walk or something. It's only seven we could—"

"No, I'm too tired. Tomorrow we can go do stuff I promise," she says, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "But right now I just wanna sleep."

Guess I'm definitely not getting laid tonight.

It's not until the next day that the real fun begins.

While Anna and I did share a bed last night, we did not have sex. It was more like sleeping in the same bed with my mother. She had her side and I had mine, we didn't even cuddle for fuck's sake because she was out like a bat all night.

We did get up early though and the four of us all got complimentary breakfast at the hotel because we're cheap and we gotta save for all the shit we're gonna do the next couple of days. Today, Tuesday the 3rd, we decide to just explore the downtown LA area, shopping at different stores and eating at these cheap, little indie restaurants. We all have a pretty great time together. Even Anna seems like she's having fun for a change as this is the first time I've seen her smile and laugh in a long time. She's been so down lately and it's good to finally see her finally turn that frown upside down.

We did a lot of fun and crazy shit during the daytime but once the sun sets and night falls, things get even crazier. Since we're now all 18 we can now legally get into a nightclub, which is exactly what we do, seeing as none of us have ever been to a fucking nightclub before. We go through a line and show our IDs to the bouncer and just like that we're in without question. My heart is literally racing as we enter the dark, party-like atmosphere because I have no idea what to expect and I'm so excited to be at my first nightclub. Gee, I wonder who I'm gonna meet at this place—oh wait, I forgot, I have a girlfriend!

During our first hour at the club, we mostly just dance to the loud, electronic dance music and buy a couple of club sodas—ya know, because we're still unfortunately under 21. We do however manage to get our hands on something else that is prohibited to anyone under 21. We illegally buy ourselves some weed from this black-market sorta guy. And while it is technically prohibited to smoke inside the club, no one seems to give a fuck about the white cloud flowing out of my mouth as I dance around a bunch of drunk girls.

Later on in the night as I'm sitting over at the bar by myself, this blonde chick comes to sit by me. "Having fun tonight?" She asks me, taking a sip from what looks like a martini.

"You bet," I smirk.

She flips her wavy blonde hair out of her narrow eyes. "Wanna have some more fun tonight?" She says with a straight face as her fingers walk down my thigh. I look her in the face and acknowledge how gorgeous she is, but I know all she wants from me is sex so I have to turn her down. I think I'd rather have sex with someone I actually know.

"I uh... have a girlfriend," I reply to her offer, pointing in the direction of Anna as she dances among the crowd with Erica and Zack.

"That her?" She asks with indifference as she sees Anna, expressing a hint of disgust as if she were better than her. Though obviously, that isn't true because Anna isn't a prostitute. "Does she make you happy?"

Given how things have been between the two of us the past couple of weeks, I'd say no, but I'm not gonna tell a total stranger that. "Uh... yeah?"

"Then why aren't you dancing with her?"

I look over to Anna who's spotted me talking to the hooker and immediately makes her way over.

"Well... if you change your mind and want to have some real fun, here's my card," the blonde says, giving me a pink card with her name and number on it, before walking off to avoid Anna.

"Who was that?" Anna asks me, grimacing at the hooker as she finds herself someone else to fuck with.

"Someone who wanted to have some fun," I say, showing her the card that the hooker gave me.

Anna sighs and takes it from me so as to rip it in half. She then wraps her arm around me and whispers into my ear, "Why don't we get outta here so we can have some fun?"