Magical Moments

Chapter 9

~JOSH~

I'm sweaty, naked, and in a very awkward position. With every thrust, I can't wait to get this over with. I'm beginning to think I might just have to fake my way out of this because I don't feel myself climaxing anytime soon. She moans with gratification but I don't really feel myself mirroring her reactions. If anything this is more uncomfortable than pleasurable. I try really hard but I think my penis is just getting softer the longer this goes on, so eventually, I just give up. I fake an orgasm just to get out of this painfully awkward situation. I always thought that my first time would be magical but this, most certainly, was not.

I expel a fake-ass moan and anxiously pull out, rolling over so that I'm now at her side. She looks at me with a hint of contempt and starts whinging about how I came too early—little does she know that I didn't cum at all.

"Well, that was fun while it lasted," Anna says, rolling her eyes.

"I'm sorry, couldn't help it." I seriously couldn't.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for bitching about it. It's not your fault. We'll just try again another time." Finally the bitch calms down after scorning me for not fulfilling her needs. She sighs, "Did you have fun at least?"

Not exactly, considering I had to fake my way out of it. "Yeah, it was... nice. Felt good." Goddamn, I'm a bad liar. It's a good thing she can't tell though.

"Well, that's good," she says, kissing me on the cheek. God, she's so bipolar. First, she's bitching about her dissatisfaction over my sexual performance and now she's chill about it? Boy, am I a lucky one!

"I'm gonna go take a shower," I say, rising from the bed and heading over to the bathroom, not even bothering to robe myself seeing as she's already seen me and all my naked glory. Not to mention she'll be able to watch me shower from the bed thanks to that lovely shower window. Damn, this room doesn't allow for any sort of privacy, does it?

When I walk into the bathroom, I turn the water on and pause for a minute to stare into the mirror as I catch my breath. My heart is racing so fast that I feel like I can't breathe. I lean against the sink and imagine that Zack and Erica must be having a grand time over in their room next door. I bet they're fucking right now and enjoying every minute of it. All while I had a miserable experience. So miserable I had to fake my way out of it. It's just not fair that Zack gets to have a good time with someone he barely knows and I had the worst time with my own girlfriend of nine months. I wish I could've done it with someone I actually loved. Now that would have been extraordinary.

The following day, I try to put all of that shit from yesterday behind me. Unfortunately, I can't just erase my first time but I can try to not let that sheer awkwardness affect our time at Magic Mountain today.

Much like yesterday we spend most of the day just cherishing our youth while we have it, seeing as by the end of the summer we'll all be going in different directions. I'll be off to Pepperdine in the fall—well, Anna will be too but there's like an 85% chance we'll be broken up by then. Erica's headed to some art institute in New York. And Zack may or may not be heading off to the Army, or Marines, or the Airforce, or whatever he wants to do. It'll be sad when the summer comes to a close but in the meantime, I want to enjoy every bit of fun we have together.

Like at Magic Mountain today, we literally go on so many rides. And I gotta admit I never really liked roller coasters before today but after riding them with my friends at my side it couldn't have been more fun. While I've done stuff like this with Zack in the past, something about today is different. I guess that's because I know this is probably the last time we'll ever be having this much fun together. After this summer, I doubt we'll do something like this again, if we even see each other again, that is. I already know things will never be the same and that's so unfortunate.

Seeing as today is July 4th, fireworks are expected here as a part of the Fourth-of-July Fest, which has been going on for five consecutive days. We get among the crowd of spectators and the four of us stand together to watch the colorful balls of flame light up the sky as they pop into a blissful arrangement of colors. From blue to red to orange, the sight is so magical—pun intended. And to make it even more magical, I'm standing right beside my best friend, who means the world to me. Magical moments like this are to be cherished forever.