1.

D A V E
(Present Day)

"Is there anything else you'd like to tell me that I haven't asked you, Brewster?" Officer Jones said. I knew Officer Jones all too well from previous encounters with the police as a youngin'. It seemed like every time I had a run in with the law, he always popped up.

"Nah. I told y'all what happened. & I'ma keep sayin' the same shit. We met at the club, we texted, we fucked. She left. Simple as that. Ion know where the hell she is now." I said. Which was true. I never found Teylor. It's like she disappeared after she stole my shit.

I ain't tell Officer Jones that she stole my money because that would only make me a prime suspect if something has happened to her. Apparently, Teylor has been missing since the morning she left. Nobody has seen or heard from her. Her people in Atlanta filed a missing persons report and that's why I'm being interrogated now. Honestly, I didn't care if she was dead or alive, she just better be lucky karma caught up with her faster than I could.

"Jones, Y'all ain't got shit on me so ion know why the fuck I'm still sittin' here." I shrugged.

He contemplated for a second, "Ok. You can go... but, If I find out that you had anything to do with Ms. Santana's disappearance, I'll make sure you're six feet under the jail. You got that Brewster?"

I laughed, "I'll see you in hell, Jones"  I shot a bird as I walked out.

What a way to start my day. Before I could even make it out the house this morning, the pigs was at my front door wanting to bring me down to the station for question about Teylor's disappearance. I knew I hadn't done nothing yet so I wasn't sweating it. I was talking to Kairi at the time, so Nia was the one picking me up from the station.

She unlocked the doors and I hopped in. She looked at me, shook her head, and crunk the car up.

"Mention any of this shit to anybody and I promise to God those will be the last words you utter." I threatened.

Nia was known for telling her messy ass sister Naomi everything. If Naomi knew, you might as well say the whole hood knew. If the hood knew, it wouldn't be long before the whole world knew. And the last thing I needed was the media on my back over some shit I didn't commit, let alone, attempt.

"You shouldn't have been fucking with that girl in the first place." She said. "If you woulda just picked Kairi up, like I'd asked, you wouldn't even be in this shit right now."

"I had a fuckin' show that you knew about! Why the fuck you still on my dick about it?"

"I just want you to make more time to be with Kairi. That's all I ask."

"Make more time? When she not with me, I'm working. When I'm not working, I got her. Ain't no in between. I make sure you got lights right? Yo car haven't been repossessed, has it? Once you start working for yo shit, then you can question me about my time. Get a fuckin' job."

She was silent. Which was probably best.

***

Danielle
I need to talk to you.

Talk
Read 11:26 a.m

Danielle
I'm serious, Dave. Call me.

Deciding against it, I threw my phone to the side of me. After all the shit that went down last month, I was convinced Danielle was in on the scheme her sick ass cousin played on me. I've known D since we were jits, but she dead to me now just like Teylor.