9.

O M N I S C I E N T

Teylor arrived safely in Miami the next morning. After her long flight from Harlem to the 305, all she wanted to do was sleep, but she knew she wouldn't be able to do that since she had to meet up with Devin shortly.

Unlocking her hotel room, she sat her suitcase and duffel bag down. She didn't even wanna bother to try to take a nap because by the time she dozed off, it would be time for her to leave again. Picking her phone up, she settled on talking to Danielle until it was time for her to leave. To her surprise, she didn't answer. She rolled her eyes because knowing her cousin, she probably was staring at the phone as it rung.

She scrolled through the rest of her contacts and didn't see anybody else that she really wanted to talk to right now. Most of them worked during the day and others she knew couldn't hold an interesting conversation, so she didn't even attempt to waste her time. There was one person she hadn't called tho. Dave. Hitting the FaceTime button, she watched herself in the phone screen until it connected.

"Yo!" He smiled, "You there?"

"Yes, I'm here." She lifted the camera up some so he could see my hotel background.

"How you feelin'? You straight?" He asked.

"Yea, I'm good. Just tired."

"Get some sleep then. Your flight was long as hell."

"I wish I could. I gotta leave soon." She frowned as she checked the time on her watch.

"Where you going?" He asked.

"First, I'm going to find something to eat and then I'm going to handle business."

"Yea, make sure you feed my son. He gotta stay in good health so we can get him on the court soon." He joked.

"I'll make sure our princess eats," Teylor smiled.

"Chill on that. It's a boy, I feel it in my spirit." He laughed.

"Nope."

Even though Teylor was only 8 weeks pregnant, the two conversed as if they didn't have a long way to go Until the baby was born. Teylor thought Dave talking to her stomach was the cutest thing. She loved how involved and excited he was. This was something she never experienced during her pregnancy with Jace, so to say she was excited was an understatement. Dave truly loved kids, especially his own. He was active in Kairi's life since she was in the womb, and it would be the same with the new baby's as well.

They talked until it was time for Teylor to leave. Devin had texted her to let her know that he was outside of her hotel waiting on her.

"My ride's outside. I gotta go," She told him.

"Iight, be safe and text me when you get in later." He said. "And call me if you need anything."

"I will."

Teylor hung the phone up and found her purse that was on the night stand beside the bed. She's grown to like talking to Dave. They facetimed at least twice a day and texted throughout if Dave's schedule permitted it. He was the busy one out of the two. Overall, Teylor enjoyed their friendship and being away from him kind of made her miss being around him. Unbeknownst to Teylor, Dave had a show out there in a few days and he planned on surprising her while he was there.