14.

I'ma just drop this off right here before y'all come beat my ass for not updating in so long lol.

Happy New Year, loves!💙 (Better late than never) 🤣
Enjoy!

***

A loud knock erupted from the front door just as they were about to pass by it. Danielle frowned, "You go ahead and see what's in there and I'ma answer this door."

Teylor nodded and headed to the kitchen.

"Knocking like they the got damn police. Fuck is wrong with them?" Danielle said to nobody in particular as she swung the door open. In fact, it was.

Danielle's heart dropped into the pit of her stomach at the sight before her eyes. The front yard was surrounded with police cars and officers. She didn't know what was to come next, but she prayed that it had nothing to do with her cousin.

*

"Good Evening, Ma'am. Are you the owner of this home?"

Danielle's heart was racing and thumping so hard against her chest that she could hear it. Her face didn't show how nervous she was, but her insides were doing all types of twists, flips, and turns.

"No. This is my Aunt Karen's home. May I ask what's going on?" Danielle managed to find her Caucasian voice in the midst of her having a heart attack. That's something she did well on most occasions.

"Is she home? We'd like to speak with her."

Danielle was pissed that the officer ignored her question, but she shook it off. The last thing she needed right now was to be on the news for some nonsense.

She simply told the officer that she would be right back and closed the door behind her. She didn't wanna leave the door open because she didn't want them to see what she was about to do. Careful not to trip in her new Fendi boots, she ran to the kitchen where thankfully Teylor, Dave, Mama and Rico were exactly where she needed them to be.

"Guys!" She panicked, "There's a yard full of police officers at the front door and they're asking for the owner of the house, but they wouldn't tell me what they wanted." She rambled.

Danielle has had her fair share of run ins with the law, but this one made her feel like no other one had. She was nervous and scared; she didn't like feeling like this. She didn't want anything to happen to her cousin. She also knew that if it came down to it, she would be going to jail as well for being an accessory to a kidnapping.

The five of them were on the same page without anyone having to utter a word. Get Jace out of here. If they were going to do anything, they had to move quickly. If not, the police would probably be kicking the door in at any moment.