2.

T E Y L O R

*I checked in with the bailiff and took a seat behind the Defendants counter

*
I checked in with the bailiff and took a seat behind the Defendants counter. My lawyer and I were the first ones here. The court room was silent, not too quiet, but a comfortable silence. I read the signs on the wall out of boredom. No chewing gum, No eating, No cell phones permitted in the court room.

My child's father and his wife arrived shortly after. I didn't bother to look their way when I heard them walk in. It was his fault that I was being dragged through this bullshit now.

"All rise

"All rise." I stood up and pulled my skirt down. I listened as the bailiff introduced our judge. I've heard this so many times, I should have it memorized by now. "Please be seated and come to order." The Bailiff finished.

"Good Morning. Please state your name for the records." Judge Thomas said.

"Devin Franklin" I heard my sons father say. "Gianna Franklin, his wife" She said.

"And you ma'am?" The judge faced our direction. My lawyer stood and I pulled the ends of my skirt down as I stood. "Teylor Santana."

"Very good. You may be seated. Let's get started. Mr. Franklin, you filed the claim so I'd like to hear from you first this morning."

Devin stood up and cleared his throat. "Your Honor, my wife and I are here today to try to gain full custody of my son. He has been living with us since we've started our custody battle. His mother is unfit to take care of him; partially, because she is unemployed. Before he started living with us, he was not enrolled in any type of schooling. She is involved in illegal activities at night that makes her money. She leaves our son with people he doesn't know so that she can "work". Your honor, she brutally attacked my wife for reasons unknown. She is bipolar and is quick to anger. All of these examples are unsuitable conditions that no child should be around. My wife and I have since enrolled him in proper schooling. He enjoys the school he attends. My wife and I have a stable income and we live in a stable and safe environment. As you should know, I love my son and my wife has grown to love him as well despite the conditions he was born into. We want what's best for my son, and the best place for him to be is with me." He sat down.