23.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for all you especially in my absence! Lol. I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

xoxo,
KyB

Gianna
Christmas Day

Gianna awoke around 9AM Christmas morning

Gianna awoke around 9AM Christmas morning. She wasn't as excited as before because Dretta couldn't make it today. She'd called her a few days prior and told her that something came up and she wasn't going to be able to catch her flight to Miami that day. Even though she promised to be there on New Years, Gianna had gotten her hopes up to spend the holiday with her best friend.

Christmas was a little different this year for Gianna. Despite her and her husbands separation, she was glad to be blessed with the greatest gift ever; a child. This had been the longest that she'd been able to carry. Her other pregnancies ended in the first trimester. She was beyond thankful to be 6 months pregnant, and that's what she would be celebrating— even if it meant celebrating alone.

Gianna trailed down the staircase of her home. The smell of her chef's cooking filled her nose. She could already tell that she was making her favorite — French Toast and Omelets. Gianna smiled as she turned on her surround sound system so her home could be filled with the joyous sound of Christmas carol's. Other than her birthday, Christmas was probably her favorite time of the year.

"Merry Christmas, baby,"

"Devin! What the hell? You almost gave me a heart attack!" Gianna said as she sat on the chair close to her to try to calm her nerves.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you," He told her.

She slightly rolled her eyes, "Devin, what's your purpose of being here?"

"I miss you," He started. "and I — we always spend Christmas together."

"That was before you decided where you wanted to be." Gianna shrugged.

"This is where I really wanna be, Gi. You gotta believe me."

"I don't believe anything you say to me anymore, Devin."

"How can I make you believe I'm telling the truth?" He asked.

"I don't know, talk to God about it." She shrugged. "That really sounds like a personal issue. Did you really come over here for this today?"

"Baby, I really wanted to spend time with you today. I miss you and I need you. I'm going crazy without you. I'll do anything to save our marriage." He pleaded on bended knee.