18.

Happy Fourth of July💙

"Good Morning it's DJ Envy, Charlemagne The God, Angela Yee and we are The BreakFast Club," DJ Envy announced. "We got a special guest today, actually one of our favorite—

"Dave Mutha'Fuckin' East! My man!" Charlemagne interrupted.

Dave laughed, "Damn, Charla. I been gone that long?"

"It's been a while, East. And it looks like you got a lot going on, my brotha'."

"Shit, who you tellin'?" Dave ran his hand over his face. "I been chillin' tho. Working on a lot of shit that I'm tryna get into."

"You working on another album, right?" Angela asked.

"Yea, I am. It's coming soon. Ima try to mix it up a lil bit with this one."

"Mix it up? What do you mean by that?"

"You know, It's gon' be a different vibe from usual. I'm tryna give my fans all of Dave East. I'm talented for real and I just want them to see every side of me other than that hardcore New York vibe I give off a lot."

"I saw somewhere that you were trying to get into acting." Charla mentioned.

"Yea, Yea. I been tryna act a lil 'bit. I been auditioning here and there. It's definitely something that I wanna get more into."

"Have you gotten any call backs?" Angela asked.

"I haven't yet. I did my first audition about two weeks ago. One of my managers told me It's a process when it comes down to movies so we'll see how that goes"

"What else has been up East? What's going on in your everyday life?"

Dave smiled, "I just been enjoying life... and all of God's blessings. Other than working I just been chillin. Juggling being a full time father and work and some other shit ion really have time for nothing else."

"I seen you beefin' with ya' child's mom a couple weeks ago and I was like, damn that's different from East cus he not even that social media type." Envy mentioned.

"That was so off topic, Envy." Charlamagne said.

"It's cool, but yea, man. That wasn't me. It was real corny and it was just built up emotions that I hadn't released, but me and her spoke.... Chose a different route that was gon' probably be better for the both of us in the long run. At the end of the day, it's about Kairi. Not us, or whatever it is that I got going on outside of this coparenting shit."

"So that's what it was?" Angela asked.

"... Yes and No. I ain' gon' speak on it too much, but we have somewhat of an understanding." Dave answered.

Dave didn't want to say too much about his and Nia's relationship. Not only was it none of their business, he knew how the media was and how they could easily twist his words around and that was the last thing that he needed right now since he would be filing for full custody soon.

"I been seeing a lot of people mentioning this one thing that's been buzzing on social media with your name on it," Angela spoke.

"What's that Yee?" Dave laughed.

"It's been rumored that you have another baby on the way."

Dave showed all thirty-two of his teeth. Even if he was trying to hide it, he couldn't because he was so excited about the new addition to his family.

"What? I haven't heard that." Charlamagne said.

"That's because you haven't been paying attention, Charla." Envy spoke. "I saw it once or twice but I didn't think it was true, just saying."