6.

One week passed and Devin and Teylor spent most of their time looking for Jace; hanging up flyers and doing interviews with the news. Well, Devin was the one doing interviews because Teylor didn't want to be in the limelight. He understood, because he knew how frightening that could be because he was the same way when he first started.

Devin was staying in a condo by the beach. He left Gianna a few days after the investigation started because he couldn't stand to look at or talk to her since his son was abducted. The more he stood around her, the more upset he got so he removed himself from the situation for his and her sake. Surprisingly, Devin and Teylor were getting along nicely. Teylor was only playing along to make sure she wasn't considered a suspect, but to her disadvantage her and Devin being around each other so much only made him miss being with her.

After a weeks stay in a hotel, Teylor told Devin she couldn't afford her hotel for a longer stay so she could have a valid excuse to leave Miami. Of course Devin offered her a place at his condo, but Devin was still married and she doesn't intentionally over step her boundaries with married men. She also didn't want Devin to think she needed him for anything. Regardless of how nice he's been to her, he was still that same Devin that would probably throw it back in her face that she needed his money. Hell, before Jace gets grown, Teylor knew that Devin would most likely pull that "she's an unfit mother" card again like he did in court.

T E Y L O R

Closing the door of my Uber's car, I lifted the handle on my suitcase and began to roll it towards Danielle's apartment building. Jace had been staying here with her since the day of his "abduction". Today would also be my first time seeing him since everything happened. I'd talked to him on facetime a couple of times, but other than that that was it. I had a lot to get done while I was here so I don't have time to waste. I planned on staying here for a week or two and then going back to Miami. That would be enough time for Devin to believe I got my money up for another hotel.

I exited the elevator on the 12th floor and came face to face with the familiar painting on the wall. It was a picture of some kind of flower with vibrant colors that matched well with the condo's interior. I walked in the direction of Danielle's home; careful not to trip in my Yeezy's since my shoelaces were untied. I used my key to unlock the door. Entering, I could hear the tv on in the distance but it was silent out front. I sat my bags beside the door and went on a hunt to find my Jace and Danielle.

I checked the kitchen, the bathroom, the hallways, —nothing. I called out their names a few times and no one answered. I followed the sound of the tv to Danielle's room. As soon as I entered Jace popped out of the closet attempting to scare me. I acted surprised and he ran into my arms. I hugged him while him and Danielle were still laughing at him scaring me.

"Mommy missed you!" I kissed all over his face. He laughed at me and tried to cover his face so I would stop kissing him, but I told him I wasn't stopping until I got all my sugar that I missed out on.

"Who put your hair in this ponytail?" I asked as I ran my hand over the top of his head.

He touched the small ponytail and pointed at Danielle, "Dani", he said.

"What? I thought it was cute. And he liked it too. Aint that right Jace?" She asked. Jace nodded. I rolled my eyes because he probably didn't understand. He just nodded because she did it.

"I was just about to order us some food. You hungry?" She asked.

"Yea, I could eat."

"Ok. I'ma order us something, but I don't know what yet. Jace!" She called out.

"HUH" He answered.

"You hungry? What you wanna eat?" She asked him.

He shrugged his little shoulders, "Pee-sa?"