11.

O M N I S C I E N T

"You want me to take you home or you wanna come with me?" Dave asked Teylor

They'd just left the doctors appointment for her 12 week checkup. The doctor said the baby was healthy and she was about the size of a lime. She's a little bigger for how far along Teylor is but he said it was fine as long as it doesn't get too out of hand. They hadn't found out the sex yet, but Teylor was going to speak this little girl into existence and she refused to lose their bet.

"Where you going?" Teylor asked. Everything that was on his schedule for today was already done.

"I gotta pick Kairi up and we'll probably go home and kick it. I could take you home after I get her if you want me to" He said.

She nodded, "I'll ride with you."

Dave sat back and got comfortable in his seat as he headed in the direction of Nia's apartment. It wasn't far from where they were but traffic was going to make the drive longer than what he expected.

"As I stand here contemplating
On the right thing to deciiiiiiide
Will I take the wrong direction
All my liiiiiife, where will I go
What lies ahead of me?"

Teylor sung terribly as the song blasted through the speakers.

"What you know bout this?" Dave laughed.

"Nigga what you know about it?" She laughed. Her mother had brought her up listening to 90's R&B. She could honestly say that it was her favorite genre of music. No matter when or where 90's R&B would always bump.

"Who can I run to to share this empty space? Who can I run to? When I need loooooooove?" Dave sung catching Teylor off guard. The two laughed and sung the song terribly as they made their way through traffic.

If you need a love, I got the love that you need
Ain't no way they can take that from me
And I pray to God that one day they will see
They'll see that I'm all that you need

"Nothing is promised to me and yoooouuuu." Dave sung as he rubbed Teylor's protruding belly. "So why will we let this thing gooooo. Baby I promise that I'll stay true. Don't let nobody say it ain't soooooo. And baby I promiseeeee. That I will never leave, and everything will be alriiiiiight, I promise these things to you. Girl just believe I promiseeeee."

"This ya shit?" Teylor chuckled.

"Shit, it used to be. Jagged Edge used to be them niggas." He said as he made it to the right lane to get off on the exit. His right hand still rested on her belly as he drove. They pulled into the apartment complex shortly after. Dave took his seat belt off and told Teylor he would be right back.

Jogging up the steps, Dave found the correct apartment number and knocked on the door. He waited a few seconds until he heard the locks turn. Nia cracked the door open, "What?"

"Fuck you mean? Open the door." Dave really didn't have time for Nia's shit today. All he wanted to do was get Kairi and go home.

"You can come back when you don't have that bitch wit'chu no more. Kairi ain't going nowhere tonight."

Dave smacked his teeth, "Nia, you fuckin' tryin' me right now. Open the fuckin' door."

"Did I stutter the first time? You are not about to have all these bitches in my daughters face. I said what the fuck I said. Now do something about it."

"You serious right now?" Dave was trying to keep his cool but it was starting to get hard.

"I'm deadass. You tryna have bitches that got ya fuckin' dick on they breathe smiling in Kairi face and I'm not fuckin' with it. Come back to-fuckin'-morrow nigga cus she not going with you."