5.

O M N I S C I E N T

"Good Morning this is Katrina Brown and I'm here with your early Morning Breaking News. Last night, a toddler was abducted from this local grocery store behind me. The two year old little boy was allegedly abducted from a shopping cart sitting in front of the store. There were no witnesses and it is unclear how the child was away from his guardian; the police are still investigating. Police are asking that if the people of the community know anything about Jace's whereabouts or have any information regarding this case to please contact the number below. Jace's parents want him home safely and are willing to give a generous reward in return for their son. John.. back to you."

Teylor watched the news intently on the segment on her son. She still hadn't received a call from Devin or anyone that was close to him about what'd happened to Jace. Just to think if she'd not have caused this, she would have no clue about Jace's whereabouts and she would've found out through the news which would've made the situation worse. Everything was done clean and went smoothly last night so there was no trace that Teylor had something to do with her sons alleged kidnapping... not yet, at least.

Teylor got in to character and prepared herself to call Devin to see what the hell the news was talking about. She calmed herself down and inhaled deep breathes before she pressed the green call button on her phone. 

***

Devin paced the floor of his three story mansion in deep thought about his son. He was furious that this happened and even more furious at Gianna's lack of responsibility for his son. He couldn't stand to look at her right now because Gianna had specific instructions when it came down to Jace and herself; never leave the house alone with Jace and never leave the house without security. Devin thought that was simple enough and pretty straight forward, but because of his wife's rebellious attitude, his son had gotten kidnapped. Now they had to potentially deal with the media getting in their business before Devin even let the world know that he has a son and his wife is not the child's mother.

His phone rung and Teylor's name popped up. He'd been so mad and so busy trying to think about who could've taken his son and where he might be that'd he'd forgotten to notify Teylor of what was going on. Preparing himself for the worst, he sighed and answered the phone.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT IM HEARING ON THE NEWS!? WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SON!? HOW THE HELL DID YOU LET SOMEBODY TAKE HIM!? THIS BETTER BE SOME KIND OF SICK JOKE DEVIN, BECAUSE I SWEAR TO GOD—"

"Calm down, T—" He started.

"DONT TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! MY SON IS MISSING! HOW THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN, DEVIN?" As if I'm que, the water works started flowing as Teylor stayed in character. She needed an Oscar for how good she was playing this role.

"Look. I'm sorry I didn't contact you sooner but I honestly haven't slept since I got that call. I've been riding around the whole city looking high and low for any sign of Jace and it's gotten me no where. We need to discuss this as parents but we can't focus on finding Jace if you don't calm down a notch. This is a very serious matter and it's very real. I know you're hurting and I'm hurting too, but our son is out there somewhere and he needs his parents to act like mature adults so that we can bring him home. Send me your location and I'm gonna have a car come pick you up in a half hour."

That was one thing Teylor used to love about Devin. He had a very compelling demeanor. For the short time that they were together, Teylor found that out about him. She'd always wondered what made her want to be around him as much as she used to, and that was one of the reasons. She liked that he was assertive with a sprinkle of aggressiveness. Some times he could put her in her place by just looking at her; he didn't even have to say anything.