20.

Happy New Year💙

**

"I really don't know what to wear" Teylor let out a breathe from frustration. Tonight was date night and Dave and Rico were taking the girls on a double date.

"Says the pregnant lady who refuses to buy maternity clothes." Danielle rolled her eyes as she scrolled through her phone.

"They don't make maternity clothes that fit my style." Teylor rolled her eyes. If she could, she wanted to go through her entire pregnancy without having to buy maternity clothes. She hoped her son wouldn't get any bigger but she knew that would be impossible being that she hasn't even made it to her third trimester yet.

"The clothes you were wearing is what made you eligible to wear maternity clothes in the first place." Danielle laughed.

"So." Teylor said as she continued rummaging through Dave's side of the closet.

"Soooo, you can afford to be a grandma for a few months. It's not going to hurt."

"I'll just keep wearing Dave's clothes. It's okay."

"So you're going out in a t shirt and sweat pants?" Danielle frowned.

"Girl, no. I can dress up one of his hoodies with a pair of heels and do something really cute with my hair and I'll be set." Teylor smiled.

"Girl. You're something else." Danielle shook her head.

The sound of little feet stomping up the stairs and running towards the master bedroom could be heard. Teylor didn't know which child it was, but she knew it was one of them.

Kairi's head full of bouncy curls popped up at the door. Her eyes quickly scanned the room for who she was looking for and her little feet lead her straight to Teylor.

"Him hit me," Kairi told Teylor.

"Who hit you? Jace?" Teylor asked.

Everything had been going smoothly since Teylor and Jace moved in with Dave. It was like they had their own little family thing going.

"No. Daddy hit me." She frowned.

"Why did Daddy hit you?"

"I not know." Kairi answered.

"So what you want me to do about it?"

"Hit him back!" She demanded.

Shaking her head, Teylor picked Kairi up and carried her down the stairs where Dave was. "He-he in there," Kairi pointed to the living room area. Dave was playing an intense game of 2k with Jace sitting on his lap. Jace had a controller, but unbeknownst to him, it wasn't connected.

Jokingly, Teylor asked, "Did you hit Kairi?"

Dave quickly looked up, "Yea, on accident. Damn Kai. You calling 12 on me now?"

Kairi shook her head yes.

Teylor hit Dave's arm, "Don't hit her anymore." She said trying her best to hold her laugh in.

"Don't hit me no more!" Kairi reiterated.

"Wow, Kai. I never thought you would turn on me." Dave shook his head. "What time you gon' be ready, Tey? I'm starving."

"Give me thirty minutes." She said as she turned on her heels to head back up stairs.

"Jace your momma can't be on time for shit," Dave said loud enough for Taylor to hear.

"Shut up. I'll try to hurry." She headed back upstairs with Kairi in tow. She sat her on the bed just so she could finish getting ready in a timely manner.