10 // another

[Hyemi's POV]
The persistent buzzing and beeping of my alarm clock was making my head hurt.
Groggily, I sat up out of bed and caught a glimpse of my controller sitting on the floor. I knew I couldn't play right now because I had school, but I contemplated playing later.
I dragged my feet down the hall and into the kitchen, where I grabbed some leftover stew for breakfast since I didn't feel like cooking.
I downed the stew quickly, and feeling more awake, I washed off my face and did my makeup.
I slipped on my school uniform and sighed while I adjusted the collar in my room's mirror.
"Just another day." I muttered. My arms fell to my side and I brushed through my hair once more before grabbing my binders and stuffing them into my bag.
I sighed. My sigh fell silent as my zipper became louder when I closed my bag.
I threw my bag over my shoulder and walked to the door. I tied up my sneakers and grabbed my key hanging on the wall.
I opened the door and shut it, locking it behind me and stuffing my key in my backpack.
I decided on taking the stairs instead of the elevator, and I took 5 flights of stairs down to the ground floor.
I rushed onto the bus and took my usual seat near the back, throwing my backpack on the floor at my feet as the bus doors creaked shut and the brakes released.

When I entered the classroom, Jungkook was already there. I was always earlier than him, so it was different to see him be earlier than myself.
"Jungkook. You're early." I said, throwing my books onto my desk and grabbing my pencil out of my pencil case.
I looked up at him when he didn't respond.
"Hello?" I asked, waving my hand in front of his face.
"What? Must I answer to you all the time now?" he glared at me and smacked my hand down.
I scowled. "That's how you treat me after I feed you and let you wander through my apartment?"
I could see Jungkook wince, but he didn't reply.
"Fine." I took my seat as the class began.
——
When class ended, I took my normal bus home. Jungkook didn't try to brag about his marks nor tease me, and I was becoming worried.
I got off the bus and caught up with him.
"You seem off," I said, kicking a stove at my feet and watching it skid away.
He laughed slightly. "Do I?"
I stopped. "Yes."
He kept walking, but his pace slowed. He didn't turn around to see me.
"Jungkook." I called.
He finally stopped and turned to me, glaring at me while making dead eye contact. "What is it your business?"
I opened my mouth to speak, but I found no words to say. My mouth shut again.
"Don't worry your little head." he smirked and walked away.
I choked a bit on his words. I shook my head and my jaw tightened in an attempt to avoid hurting him.
I walked home, purposely slow enough not to catch up with him, and returned to my apartment.
I finished all my homework and double-checked everything incase Jungkook decided to walk into my room again tonight.
I sighed and looked at the time. It was 5:04 pm, and I wasn't very hungry. I turned my chair and sat facing my TV.
"Who in hell are you?" I muttered as I grabbed my controller and turned my PlayStation on.
When the screen lit, I quickly opened my craft and saw that goldjeon was online.

goldjeon: oh hiya
*sent at 5:12pm

khyemii: hi?
*sent at 5:12 pm

I tilted my head and furrowed my brows, preparing for whatever this player was going to say next.

goldjeon: come over here I'm building a mansion u can help
*sent at 5:14 pm

I shook my head. How childish.

khyemii: okay?
*sent at 5:14 pm

I followed the player to the giant mansion he had started, and I helped him build on it.

goldjeon: so Hyemi, describe urself
*sent at 5:20 pm

khyemii: how about you go first
*sent at 5:21 pm

goldjeon: okay.
goldjeon: hi I'm goldjeon, I like gaming and teaching people
*sent at 5:23 pm

I laughed at the screen. He still wouldn't give up his name, nor what he looked like.

khyemii: teaching people? what?
*sent at 5:24 pm

goldjeon: I consider myself to be fairly good at things so I teach others to do them too
*sent at 5:25 pm

Whoever this was, would not give up any information whatsoever. It was becoming my job to pry it out.

khyemii: like what?
*sent at 5:25pm

goldjeon: I like to tutor.
*sent at 5:26 pm

khyemii: lucky for me, I don't need one
*sent at 5:26 pm

goldjeon: I'm going to take a guess and say you have homework every day? come online and I'll help u
*sent at 5:28 pm

khyemii: I just said I don't need it.
*sent at 5:29 pm

goldjeon: alright fine
*sent at 5:30pm

I smiled at the screen out of disbelief. Do they really think I'm that stupid?
I continued for the night to build this person's stupid mansion.

khyemii: can you at least tell me one thing?
*sent at 5:33 pm

goldjeon: depends
*sent at 5:34pm

khyemii: are you a boy?
*sent at 5:35 pm

goldjeon: aw r you in love w me already?
*sent at 5:35 pm

khyemii: not in a million years. I just need to know.
*sent at 5:36 pm

goldjeon: fine. yes.
*sent at 5:36 pm

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. Whoever this boy was, he sounded nicer than I thought. The last thing I want is to be fooled and become South Korea's next kidnapping victim.