11 // tutor

[Jungkook's POV]
I turned my PlayStation off and hopped off the couch.
I walked to my desk and stared at the homework pages sitting in front of my chair.
I took my seat and began to finish off all the questions quickly, as usual, as I threw on some music and sang along.
When I finished, I turned my music off and shuffled to the kitchen to find something to make for dinner.
I wasn't in the mood to cook, so I grabbed some instant ramen out of the cupboard and opened the lid.
——
[Hyemi's POV]

I pulled the lid back on my instant ramen and poured the boiling water onto the dry, hardened noodles.
I waited for the noodles to soften and the steam hit my face, leaving water droplets on my skin.
I sighed, and leaned heavily into the counter, letting my head fall heavy over my bowl.
——
[Jungkook's POV]

I picked up the bowl of ramen and made my way back to my room, where I sat at my desk and ate in silence. I didn't turn on the TV, nor music, nor did I do anything else.
I was lost in the thought of Hyemi.
I promised to help her with her homework tomorrow, but she doesn't know it's me. If she did, she wouldn't have accepted for a million years.
I sighed and stabbed my chopsticks to the bottom of the plastic bowl.
"Damnit," I muttered. "Why would I offer to help?"
I shoved more ramen in my mouth and sighed deeply, thinking about how part of me wanted her to succeed and the other part wanted her somewhere far from here.
——
[Hyemi's POV]

I sat on my couch and stuffed the ramen in my mouth, contemplating goldjeon's offer to help me with my homework. As much as I was a great student, I was determined to take Jungkook's bragging rights away. I decided to accept goldjeon's offer.
When my chopsticks had no noodles left to grasp, I sighed and walked back into the kitchen, dumping the rest, since I wasn't in the mood to drink it.
I threw the empty plastic bowl in the recycling and threw out the wooden chopsticks.
It was getting late, and I decided to catch up on some much-needed sleep.
I staggered to my room slowly and shut the door behind me before falling forward on the bed and bouncing slightly from the impact.
I shut my eyes tightly and tried to shut my mind off.
——
[Jungkook's POV]

I lay in bed, once again awake.
My thoughts felt endless. I contemplated taking sleeping pills because I thought I would never hear the end of my own racing mind.
I tossed and turned, restless and more awake than I was mostly at school.
Eventually, tossing and turning became too much to withstand in the silence.
I shot out of bed and walked to my shelf. In the very bottom slot, was a box of old things I liked to look through sometimes.
I pulled the box out slowly until I heard it hit the floor. I blew some of the stubborn dust that collected on the top and I saw it fly gently through the black air.
I reached for my lamp and turned it on. The dim gold filled the room and was strong enough to make me squint.
I lifted the lid carefully.
Inside, I kept many memories of elementary school and photo albums from when I was young.
Sitting on the very top, I spotted a folded piece of paper that was visibly aged; with a yellow tint, curled edges and a thin layer of dust, one you could almost miss.
I picked the paper out slowly, blowing the dust off before flipping it around to read the front.

'Jungkookie~'

—————-