26 // cold

[Jungkook's POV]

I slid my chair carefully away from the glass table and held my bowl tightly between my hands. I stood up slowly, and groggily crossed the kitchen to wash my dish.

"Leave it."

I put the bowl down and turned the tap on, letting the water fall quickly and begin to fill the silver sink.

"I'll wash it. Don't worry." I said, moving the bowl under the streaming water. The water began to change temperature and it went scolding hot.
I winced as the hot water startled me, running over my hands and leaving my skin tingling.

Hyemi grabbed my hands and turned me away from the sink, wrapping my hands in a towel and drying them off.

"I said, leave it." she didn't look up at me, but rather remained focused on my still tingling hands.

I didn't try to resist. After all, I was too exhausted to do it anyway.
I smiled when she hung the towel back on the handle of the oven and picked up her own bowl, placing it in the sink and turning to me.

"Go get what you need for the night."

I didn't hesitate to turn and do as she told me to. I quickly left her apartment and unlocked the heavy door to my own, pushing it open slowly and shutting it quietly.
I walked in and glanced at my playstation sitting on the floor. I thought about everything I had done over the few weeks and contemplated where to go from here.

I smirked and walked back to my bedroom, grabbing my uniform and then collecting my toothbrush, toothpaste and some other unnecessary things, shoving them all into my backpack that sat beside my bed.

I smiled, throwing my backpack over my shoulder and examining the photo that Hyemi dropped. I ran my fingers over it and held it under my lamp, scanning every inch before stuffing it in my sweater pocket.
I ran out of my apartment and locked the door. I still wondered why I was doing this, when I lived so close, but I let it slide when the though of Hyemi flashed through my mind.

I opened her door again, which remained unlocked from when I had left, and made sure to lock it behind me. I saw Hyemi leaned over the sink, still washing dishes from dinner.
I felt bad leaving her to do it alone, but I was simply too worn out to do anything at all.

"I'm back." I smiled.

Hyemi shut the tap off and turned to see me, standing in the doorway. She smiled and cried her hands off with the same towel that she had dried mine with.

"You can put your stuff down in my room," she spoke quieter than before.

"How about we stay home tomorrow?" I asked, turning the corner into her room. I dropped my bag down and stared at it, waiting for her response.

"Miss another day? This close to exams? Are you crazy?" Her head peered around the kitchen doorway and her brows were furrowed hard.

I smiled slightly and tilted my head to her, stepping out of the room slightly. I shoved my hand in my pocket and once again, felt the small square photo that I had yet to return to her.

"It sounds crazy but I think it'd be fun." I shuffled my feet nervously.

She sighed. "Jungkook, I-"

"I know you probably won't go. But I wanted to give it a shot. It's the only time I'll have before exam studying gets too heavy." I almost muttered.

"Fine."

I shot my head up and met the top of her head, while her eyes scanned the floor.