Ch. 5

I walked down stairs to make breakfast and saw Lauren eatting cereal. When she saw me she moved her bowl to the side away from me and put a arm around her bowl protecting it. She looked up at me with furrowed eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes and went over to get myself a bowl. I poured the cereal and poured the milk.

"Dang leave some for the rest." She said after she looked at my bowl as I was putting down the milk carton.

"And I can spit in your cereal." I said smiling at her. She once again moved her bowl and "protected" it.

My mom then came walking in every happily. "I have boxes ready outside that we could use to store Ana's stuff " She walked over to the sink to wash some dishes. "Once you girls finish up we could get started."

I looked over at Lauren and she had her head bowed playing with her cereal with her spoon.

"Uhh mom I don't think we are ready to do that just yet." I said pointing at Lauren and I. "Well how about tomorrow?" Oh mother. "Uhh I mean to say that we need more time before we actually start getting rid of her stuff." I said nervously. Lauren watched our conversation waiting to hear my mom's last word.

"Ooohh Ok...Well then....How about we just get you two a bigger bed? I don't want Lauren sleeping on the floor anymore." She looked between Lauren and I. I turned to Lauren to see if he agreed, she just looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"Yeah sure." I turned to my mom. She smiled at us. "Ok I'll just go out and some groceries. Here take your dad's card and choose a mattress you both like." She put the card next me on the table I hummed ok at her and she left.
____________

"SOLD!"

Lauren yelled as she rolled around on a waterbed. We were out looking for a mattress. I was leaning against Emily's stroller as I giggled at Lauren.

"Lauren we are not getting a waterbed." I walked away with the stroller leaving Lauren behind with her precious waterbed. She ran past me and laid on another bed. She held the controller in her hand. The bed started to push her up to sit up. She then went back down. She pressed some buttons and the matters started doing wave motions across the bed. She looked up at me excitedly and smiled widely. I giggled at how odd she looked, an eighteen year old with tattoos and piercings getting all excited about a bed. she's cute. FOR NOW.

"SOLD" She yelled again. I threw my head back laughing and walked away.

"How about this one?" I asked as I sat on a queen sized bed. She sat down next me and hummed. She started to bounce and then turned to me.

"We're getting it only because it's bouncy" She said with a seriouse face.