Ch. 9

We went to the movies and watched Transformers: Age of Extinction, I wasn't really a cars movie type of girl. This actually be a movie Lauren would watch. I wonder what she's doing? I hope she can handle Emily on her own? What if she can't?"

"Hey I need to make a quick call, I'll be right back." I whispered towards Austin. I stood up and slide through the row going out of the theater. I took my phone out at called Lauren.

"Hello?"

"Lauren, is everything ok?"

"Uhh ...yeah... why?" She chuckled nervously.

"Just wondering. What are you doing?" I asked carefully.

"Just uhh...baking a cake"

"Cake."

"Yeah cake..OH SHIT!!!"

She hung up. I knew something was wrong. Why did I ever leave Lauren alone with a baby? She could barely take care of herself let alone a baby.

I texted Austin I needed to get home fast. He ran out the theater and took me home. I apologized but agreed to continue the date some other day.

I walked in through the door and immediately heard the baby laughter and the sound of the mixer. I walked into the kitchen and saw the mixer with one whisk rapidly spinning throwing batter up in the air. A laughing Emily with the other whisk in hand and over in the batter. The floor was full of batter and the countertops full of flour.

"Lauren? I called out

"CAMILA!! Down here!" She called out from the other side of the island.

I closed my eyes scared to see what she was doing behind there. I carefully walked over and almost slipped in the batter. I held onto the counter as support.

There she was. On the floor with batter all over her face and body. I sighed.

"Lauren what are doing?" She lays on her back staring at the ceiling.

"IthinkIbrokemyarm." She says quickly.

"Wait what?" I asked confused. She sighed and closed her eyes.

"I said I think I broke my arm."