Ch. 31

Lauren and I were in our room getting ready for dinner. After I told Lauren what my dad said she started to freak out. I tried to calm her down by saying that my mom would approve. It didn't really help though.

"Lauren calm down already, your making me dizzy." Lauren was still pacing around the room walking in circles back and forth.

"Ahhh what if your dad takes me outside and maybe I don't know gives me a wedgie or something." Lauren is so dramatic. I know my dad wont do that.

"Lauren do you hear yourself? There is no way my dad will do that to you."

She sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. I walked over to her and kissed her lips and held her hand. "Come on I'll be there right next to you. You wont be alone and if my dad looks like he wants to give you...a wedgie, then I'll stop him?" It felt kinda...weird saying that.

She sighed and nodded as we walked down stairs.

_________

"So Lauren, Camila told us you went out looking for a job?"

My dad asked Lauren. We were in the middle of eating dinner, some chicken my mom made. We haven't told them the actual reason why we wanted to talk yet.

"Yeah, my friend helped me get a job at that new pizza place downtown as a busgirl. Cleaning tables, throwing away perfectly perfect pizzzaaa....all that jazz."

"Well I'm glad you decided to get a job at least you wont be stuck in here anymore." Lauren was sitting next to me and turned to look at me wiggling her eye brows. She leaned over to my side.
"Impressed" She whispered. I looked down at my plate holding in my giggle.

"Mila, what did you and Lauren have to tell us?" I put down my fork and turned to Lauren as she wiped her mouth with her napkin.

"Well...Sinu...Alejandro...C-Camila and I wanted to uhh....tell you that...uhhh..." Lauren began stuttering and turning red and I'm pretty sure she began to sweat. Lauren turned to look at me asking for help.

"Mom dad, what Lauren's trying to say is...uhhh..." I couldn't say it I was too scared. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. "Lauren's my girlfriend."

I saw my dad drop his fork on his plate he pushed his plate forward and crossed his arms placing them on the table. My mom had a small smile but kept quiet waiting for my dads reaction.

My dad sighed and looked between Lauren and I with a sad expression. He scratched the back of his head not knowing what to do.

"Cute couple" Is that it? He's not going to freak out or anything? Well ok then.

"That's it? Your going to have 'the talk' with me? Not even give me a wedgie?"

"Do you want me to give you a wedgie?"

"Well I was expecting one." Lauren said. I she that dumb or something. Lauren you are defenetly the stupidest person..

"Come with me." My dad said as he stood from his seat and went out the back door. Lauren gave me a scared look and slowly walked behind him waving at me shyly.

I sat with my mom in silent. I know it wont take long until she starts-

"When did this happen?" She went back to eat as if nothing had happened.

"Uhh well we made it official last night. But we kinda gave off some signals? Or something like that. I just know that the feeling was mutual and....yeah."

"I knew something was up between you two. You look at each other the same way Alex and I looked each other. I like Lauren for you. She's a responsible and really lovely person. I know she'll take care of you."

I tried to peek a look through the glass door that led to the back yard where Lauren and my dad were. They were only standing there bouncing their basketball around and shooting it. What are they talking about. I then saw my dad sit down on a lawn chair and Lauren following behind sitting on the one next to him. He then got up and disappeared. He sat back down and handed her what looks like...a...beer? BEER? She can't drink yet. Lauren took it but she didn't drink from it.

"Mija don't worry he's just talking to her. He wont really give her a wedgie." My mom giggled at her own comment.

I turned back to look at what they where doing. Nothing. Just sitting. I was getting tired of waiting. I went back to eat but I was still concerned about them. Lauren and my dad walked in taking there seats and went back to eat. My dad looked up at me and smiled nodding his head and nodded towards Lauren and gave me a thumps ups. I smiled and turned to Lauren who looked some what frightened. She turned to look at me and blushed giving me a small smile.

"So Lauren, do you think you and Camila will be joining us to visit my mother in law this weekend?" My dad asked Lauren. Why is he asking her?

"Uhh Camila?" She turned to look at me for approval. I shrugged.

"I guess we will"