The First Night

The song is '99 Red Balloons' by Nena. It's a perfect song for this chapter and in my opinion it describes Willow at the moment because she has just started drifting off, heading to new places in space and time. 

It also describes Willow's love for classic music. I actually hated this song but now I adore it! Enjoy this hilarious interlude!

***

Willow couldn't sleep that night. She had too many things on my mind, floating around like dust in the atmosphere. Images of destruction and cities in ruin plagued her memories. When she wanted to think about James, the Doctor kept popping up every time. They were both viruses, infecting her head and creating a disorientated dilemma.

After a few hours of restless sleep, she decided to get up and go back towards the console room. Willow made my way down the corridors without making a sound to not wake the Doctor or Rose. That is if the Doctor actually slept since he was an alien and all.

She opened the doors to the console room and checked the area to see if the anyone was around. "Hello?" She asked quietly, waitin for a response for a minute or so until hearing a soft hum. It was the TARDIS. Did the TARDIS just reply? "Ok, that was scary." Willow wandered around the console, being careful not to touch anything, not wanting to cause an explosion or send them somewhere.

She heard another soft hum coming from inside. "Are you alive?" queried Willow. A loud hum soon engulfed the room, possibly confirming her theory. "How far away is the Doctor?" Once again, a little hum arises. "Far enough?" A long hum was heard once more. She grinned, testing out what else the ship could do. "Can you play '99 Red Balloons, please?"

There was a pause. No hum, not even a click until Willow heard faint music seeping through the walls. It grew louder before she realised what song it was. Willow started bobbing around a little just as the beat started. As it began to liven up, she started to swing and jump around, noticing the TARDIS flicker its lights like it was almost dancing with her.

"99 Red Balloons go by!!" sung Willow, clapping more and throwing herself to one side then another and back. The TARDIS wasn't just a travelling machine, it really was alive. Completely alive.

She laughed to herself as the song continued on. The Doctor is probably fast asleep somewhere, couldn't even her the music.

"I see you have a good taste in music." Willow froze mid-dance, shocked. The Doctor was standing by the doorway still in the same outfit as before. "Classic song." He said, walking up the stairs "Of course it is originally titled '99 Luftballoons' as it was by a German band. I was actually there when they filmed the music video. Cybermen accidentally invaded but it was still a perfect video."

"Right," She acknowledged awkwardly. "Sorry, did I wake you?"

"Nah," He simply uttered. "I don't sleep much."

Willow blinked up at the TARDIS in admiration. "It's alive, isn't it?"

"Yes." He affirmed. "My people created it and I stole it."

"Oh. So you're a traveller and a criminal."

"In a way!" The Doctor guffawed. "I guess I am." He observed her giggle for a little bit before interrupting her again. "Why aren't you asleep?"

"There's a lot of things on my mind at the moment." Willow informed him.

He glared at her, seriously. "The dreams?"

"Mostly."

He paused for a moment. "How about a trip to the future?"

"What? Now?"

"No." He said as if she didn't understand. "Wake Rose, get changed, have breakfast and THEN we'll go to the future."

"Ok." She smiled, swiftly heading back to her room. Before she left, Willow stopped and glanced back at the Doctor. "How far?" she wondered.

"I don't know. Not too far. I kind of scared Rose the last time, so I don't want to overwhelm you..." stated the Doctor, drifting off slightly as he noticed something on his little computer screen. "Six or seven years?"

"Good enough for me." She said, turning back around, feeling the Doctor's watchful eye following her out. 

***

Recently I said goodbye to my older brother. He's going to university in Bournemouth and I cried. I felt like Rose and the Doctor in Doomsday.

Also I've decided most of the plot in Series 2 to Series 4. Just saying that 'Turn Left'will be a bit different but it's going to be amazing. I think...

This interlude was a bit short but it was fun to write though. Next up is 'Dalek' where Willow will be a bit more feisty and overprotective of Rose.

- Alice ❤