Epilogue

Willow awoke on the solid ground, her head pounding ever so slightly. Everything was a blur; all she could remember was looking into a light and blacking out. Looking over her shoulder, she noticed a sleeping Rose lying on the floor beside her.

She started to groan a little, before awakening. Willow crawled over, comforting her as she awoke. Recognising her, she sat up slowly and gazed around the room. Finally, their eyes fixated on the Doctor, alive and well. However, he didn't notice their stares.

Between both girls, Willow decided to be the one to speak up. "What happened?"

He quickly pulled his hand away from sight and answered. "Don't you remember?"

"It's like there was this singing." She mentioned, reaching up to her head.

"All I could remember was looking into some light and blacking out." Rose moaned a little, straightening up.

"Well, I sang a song and the Daleks ran away." He joked.

"I was at home." She stopped mid-sentence. "No, we weren't, we were in the TARDIS, and there was this light. I can't remember anything else."

"Same." Willow noticed the Doctor glaring back at his covered hand. She couldn't see much of it, but it looked like his hand was glowing slightly.

He placed his hand on the console, sighing. "Rose Tyler and Willow Hughes," The Doctor began. "I was going take you to so many places. Barcelona. Not the city Barcelona, the planet Barcelona. You'd love it. Fantastic place. They've got dogs with no noses. Imagine how many times a day you end up telling that joke, and it's still funny."

"Then, why can't we go?" queried Rose.

"Maybe you will, and maybe I will. But not like this." Rose and Willow shared a look of dismay as they started to rise from the ground, supporting each other as they stood.

"You're not making sense." Rose commented, stretching as they rose up.

He guffawed in an excited manner. "I might never make sense again. I might have two heads, or no head. Imagine me with no head. And don't say that's an improvement. But it's a bit dodgy, this process. You never know what you're going to end up with-"

Instantaneously, a shot of light came through his body and he squirmed in pain, receding from the console in a sense of anguish. Both of them were in a panicked state, attempted to sprint over to him. "Doctor!" Willow exclaimed, letting out a worried shout.

He placed his hands out front, whilst keeping his head down. "Stay away!"

"Doctor, tell us what's going on." He wouldn't even gaze up at her, his face was shrouded.

Eventually, he rolled his head back up and held onto the side of the console. "I absorbed all the energy of the Time Vortex, and no one's meant to do that. Every cell in my body's dying."

"Can't you do something?" Rose questioned, holding onto the side of the TARDIS.

"Yeah, I'm doing it now." He nodded, still in a happy state. "Time Lords have this little trick, it's sort of a way of cheating death. Except it means I'm going to change, and I'm not going to see you again. Not like this. Not with this daft old face. And before I go-"

His voice was full of suffering, but they were unable to help him. "Don't say that." Willow cried, her heart beating faster. His eyes slightly watered before he continued.

"Willow, before I go, I just want to tell you, you were fantastic." He grinned at her, glimpsing into her soul as a single tear dropped from Willow's eyelashes. "Absolutely fantastic, both of you. And do you know what? So was I."

She blushed a little, hoping this moment would last forever. Sadly, this was not meant to be. Orange shrouds of light formed through his skin, pulsating and riveting around him. He took a step back as the light started to shoot out of his hands, blinding the girls. Rose hid behind one of the coral-like pillars, observing him. While Willow stood there in shock and panic at what she was observing. She was unable to comprehend what was occurring.

Unexpectedly, Willow noticed his whole body change and become someone else entirely. She watched hair grow from his rounded head and his hilariously big ears shrink a little. Suddenly, the light faded to reveal a skinny looking man with dark hair and sideburns. This wasn't the Doctor. This couldn't be the Doctor.

He eyed his surroundings for a moment, until looking back at them. "Hello." He paused. "Okay. Ooo, new teeth. That's weird."

She turned to Rose in bewilderment of what had just happened, recognising that she had the exact same expression.

"So, where was I? Oh, that's right. Barcelona." They stared blind-eyed at this Southern London man, who simply flashed a whitened grin back at them.

***

And so concludes our story. It was so fun making this and I can't wait to start writing the next book. However, it won't come out immediately as there are other stories I wish to write.

I would like to say thank you for reading and I hope you too will be excited for the sequel, featuring my favourite Doctor.

So, goodbye the Ninth and hello to the Tenth (My favourite! I love David Tennant too much). It was fun writing for you Christopher and maybe one day we will meet again. 

For now, I bid you adieu.

- Alice ❤