The Beginning of The End

They dashed into the console room at full speed, making sure they shut the door behind them. Willow could hear the shouts of the Japanese people who were trying to capture the group.

Long story short; they thought they were the enemy and claimed that the "English people" came here to destroy them, so the people of Kyoto decided to try to destroy them. They only just made it back to the TARDIS because it wasn't parked too far away. To be honest, they were lucky to be alive.

However, Willow could still hear them pounding on the door, trying to find a way to get inside and kill them.

"Everyone ok?" The Doctor asked, working on a way to get the TARDIS crew out of there.

Jack was breathing heavily. "Just catching my breath!" He let out a sigh of relief, gasping a little. "That was a rush!"

"You bet!" Rose agreed, smiling ecstatically.

"And off we go!" The Doctor exclaimed in a joyful manner, pulling the lever and allowing the TARDIS to take off. The bangs and pounds on the TARDIS ceased and Willow was able to hear her own thoughts again.

She grinned at the Doctor, who returned the smile. "Where to next?" queried Willow.

"I'm not too sure myself!" The Doctor replied. "Wherever the wind blows!"

"There's no wind in space, Doctor." She pointed out.

"Tell Neil Armstrong that then!" He stated, making Willow unsure whether he was joking or not.

It felt normal again. Well, after a few months in the TARDIS, people start to settle down and make it seem like time and space are just normal occurrences that happen every day.

Since they left Cardiff, they had dropped off baby Margaret on Raxacoricofallapatorius to be adopted by a different family and to be raised like a proper child. For a while now, they had been drifting from time to time, from planet to planet, from spaceship to spaceship. They had recently stopped off at Kyoto, Japan in 1336 right before they were attacked.

Most people think about what it would be like to have a time machine or travel around the universe. Some people believe it's impossible, others believe it's real or some people simply ignore the concept and continue their average lives. But Willow and her friends are out there every day; they see every star burn in the sky until it fades. Willow saw what the Doctor told her to see; the universe in all its glory. She was happy that he approved of her and let her stay with him and Rose. And now here they were. Running away from mistakes. Running away from James-

James?

She had completely forgot about him. That night in Cardiff, Willow couldn't stop thinking about him or what she did to escape him. How did she have the power to simply knock him aside? Her dreams were more than wild fantasies now, but the Doctor didn't need to be burdened with that fact. She'd only told him the basics instead of the truth. Luckily, he hadn't asked about them in a while.

However, sometimes she found him looking at her in a peculiar fashion. It was like he was staring into her soul, trying to find out her secrets that she'd like to stay hidden. Or maybe he doesn't think that at all. Perhaps-

A sudden jolt knocked her out of my perplexed state. They all shifted from one side to the other. She held onto the handlebars to stop herself from falling over. Willow noticed Rose had slid into Jack's arms, a smile protruded upon his face as he cradled her.

"What was that?!" She yelled to the Doctor, who started to stand upright.

He checked the monitors, then the controls. "I'm not sure." The Doctor whizzed round to see if everything was still shipshape. "Everything's fine."

"Fine?" Willow carefully stepped towards him. "That jolt was nothing then!"

"No, that was real." He answered, shaking his head. "But the TARDIS isn't responding to it."

Jack and Rose didn't seem to notice their conversation and began to laugh. They were looking into each other's eyes like they were made for one another. The Doctor was right though, nothing was wrong. Everything's alright. Then why did Willow have the feeling that it wasn't.

Although, her strange feeling was correct as a bright white light came out of the walls, crawling inside the TARDIS. Abruptly, she noticed that it was coming from all sides and it was closing in on them like the many aliens we've encountered.

"Doctor!" Willow shouted, alarming him.

He looked up to see the light as well. His mouth hanged as he seemed unsure what to do. The others noticed it too and stopped laughing. All of a sudden, Jack and Rose were being pulled into the light, as if something had grabbed onto them.

She panicked. "Rose!" It was petrifying as she watched her getting pulled inside. Willow leapt onto her in fear for her safety, but then it started pulling her in too.

Over her shoulder, the Doctor was being tugged in the other direction. Reaching his hand out, he watched as Willow sunk into the iridescent white and vanished from sight. The last thing she saw was his sad, despairing face, glimpsing back at her.

***

Not the best image I've made but it's not bad. I used Doctor Who 'The Face of Boe' music because it's perfect and I love it! Also, the picture is not right before Bad Wolf, it is set before they went to Kyoto.

This just a short little prequel for Bad Wolf, describing what happened before they were all put into the games. Not sure when the next chapter will come out, but I'll make sure that it will come out before Christmas.

Also, got into my school production! Yay! I'm in the chorus but it's better than nothing, right. My boyfriend got one of the main roles, so I'm proud of him. Literally ran up to him this morning and hugged him.

- Alice