Duty (2)

"General Light will be rolling in his grave to know how unfilial you've become. His death to protect Igoh is in vain." Minister Robin lectured Emmy.

"My Grandfather is dead. And dead is dead. Rolling in graves is something that is something a skeleton can't do. If that could happen, he would roll out from his grave to strike those who wronged me." Emmy said as she sneered at Minister Robin and Sir Colton. "Besides, once a daughter is married, she is to follow her husband. My husband happens to be Lord Seoras Tomas of Ceco. How am I be unfilial, when I am honoring my husband and my people? Don't try to use my Grandfather and his achievements to lecture me."

"Lady Emmy, you should try to speak to Lord Seoras to consider the deal. It will benefit both countries." Lady Heather finally spoke up. The handkerchief she held in her hands was twisted up as if it took a lot of courage for her to speak up.

"Stupid people will speak up when I have already said no." Emmy said as she looked at Heather. "Who are you to speak out? Are you a Minister of Igoh? A scholar appointed by the King of Igoh to speak on the trade deal? Do you know what they disgusted between closed doors?"

Heather shook her head no.

"Then why are you speaking up when grown ups are talking?" Emmy asked. "You just tagged along to seek a husband."

"Lady Emmy, do not use false words to ruin my reputation. What have I done or said to make you treat me this way?" Heather pleaded as tears threaten her eyes. "I only want what's best for everyone."

"What qualifications do you have to speak about the trade agreement between Igoh and Ceco? You don't have any qualifications, so you should just sit there and stay quiet. As for using false words to ruin your reputation. What Father would let their maiden daughter travel to another country without proper supervision, if not for the sole purpose of husband hunting?" Emmy said as she looked down at Heather. "Your fake tears is annoying me. Go back to your room so everyone can think that I'm bullying you."

Heather looked down to the ground and two big droplets of tear fell down her face as she shook her head no.

Emmy sneered at Heather. If she wants to play as the victim, then Emmy can only oblige her.

"Since Leevi is your maid who cause trouble last night. You should also bare punishment for her crimes. After all, the actions of servants are the actions of their Master." Emmy said as she looked at Seoras.

"I agree with my Lady Wife." Seoras finally said for the first time that morning.

"Here in Ceco, we do not have those kinds of poisons like the aphrodisiac potion. We do not need them, for we have magic. Which means she brought them along with her on the trip. Which means she had intentions to use it at any given time on this trip." Emmy pointed out. "If you can't even control your own maid, then what kind of a Lady are you? What kind of an education did you receive? It's only reasonable that you pay reparations to Minister Robin and Sir Colton."

Heather bit her lip. She was hoping to pin everything on Leevi and hoped that Minister Robin and Sir Colton would forget about it after Leevi died. However Emmy had to remind them and bring her back into the problem. Heather's hatred towards Emmy became tenfold.

"With your silence, I assume that you're not willing to take responsibility for the horrible things your maid has committed? Do you feel as if I am being unfair? No wonder your maid was bold enough to poison Minister Robin and Sir Colton to force one of them to marry her. It's because you don't have any authority over your servants, nor do you take any responsibility towards them." Emmy said as she shook her head.

Because Heather couldn't control her servants, it implied that Heather would be a bad wife. If she couldn't control one maid, how would she control a whole household full of servants? If Heather couldn't take responsibility for her servant's mistake, then it showed her low moral character. She was still an unmarried maiden, she was supposed to be virtuous. How would she find a husband in the future?

Pushed into a corner, Heather swallowed her anger and stood up. She quickly curtseyed towards Minister Robin and Sir Colton.

"I will take responsibility for the crimes that my maid committed." Heather said. "I will write to my father and he will pay reparations to your houses."

Minister Robin and Sir Colton felt better at their situation. If not for Emmy speaking up, they would have just let it pass. Lady Heather's father, General Blu, was not someone they could easy cause trouble for.

"I apologise for what my maid did and hope that with the reparations, you will find it in your hearts to forgive me and not hold it against me."

"No. No, of course not. We won't hold it against you." Colton said as he stood up to help Heather stand up.

Emmy tsked at the situation before bring her tea cup to her mouth.

"And you say there was nothing between the two of you. Here you are again, rescuing the damsel in distress." Emmy said behind her tea cup as she hid her mocking smile, however it was loud enough for everyone to hear. When she took a sip, she saw how Sir Colton froze with Heather's hand in his as she had just stood up as well.