Chapter Two: Fernando Returns Home

Alyssa sighed as she climbed out of her Audi A3, she ran a hand through her hair as she looked at the offices which belonged to the Spanish national team.

Alyssa had a meeting with Vicente about what would happen this summer; Vicente still wanted her to think of him as family, however Alyssa refused to call him, her grandfather.

Walking into the offices, Alyssa smiled at the receptionist that was working as she headed for the lift and pressed the button that called the lift to the ground floor.

It wasn’t long before Alyssa found herself knocking on Vicente del Bosque’s office door, she waited for a moment before he called her inside; the Spaniard’s eyes lingered on her bump as she stepped into the room.

“Vicente it’s nice to see you again,” Alyssa greeted making the manager flinch; he hated it when she called him by his name instead of Abuelo, he didn't know what to do anymore to make her think of him and Trini as her grandparents.

“Alyssa… you look well,” Vicente said as the brunette made herself comfortable in one of the chairs; he watched her sadly, he had never been introduced to any of his great grandchildren.

“Gracias… did you find an intern to replace me for the trip?” Alyssa asked curiously, she wouldn’t be able to travel with the team to Brazil; just the thought of the ten and a half hour flight made her feel sick right now.

Vicente nodded as he watched the brunette, it didn't feel right to leave her behind for the tournament but they didn't have a choice; there wasn’t any way for her to travel while she was this pregnant.

“Maria Montez… she just graduated from the University of Madrid,” Vicente said he didn't know what it was but the girl reminded him of Alyssa when she had first started to work for the team as an intern.

Alyssa nodded as she licked her lips, she hated having someone take over her job but she needed to prepare for her little girl’s birth and she couldn't do that if she flew to Brazil for a month.

“She’ll be shadowing you as of next week… when we start preparing for national duty until we leave for Brazil,” Vicente said making Alyssa nod, she knew that it was silly but she felt a little jealous of the new intern already; Monica had mentioned her in passing and the older brunette wouldn’t stop talking about her.

***

“It’s like driving into a Audi show room,” Fernando teased as he climbed out of Iker’s Audi Q7 making Iker roll his eyes at him; Fernando said the same thing every time that he came home.

The only cars parked in the family garage that weren't Audi were Fernando’s two Aston Martin’s since Real Madrid was sponsored by Audi, all its staff and players drove their cars.

“Just because you drive Aston Martin’s,” Iker murmured making Fernando laugh softly as he collected his suitcase, it had weeks since the Chelsea player had been home and he had missed his family.

The two men headed into the house and grinned when they found Sergio curled up on the couch between Nora and Lucas asleep.

“He’s still the big kid I remember,” Fernando said making Iker nod as they moved further into the house, the goalkeeper glanced at the clock noting that Alyssa would be home from her meeting with Vicente soon.

The three footballers had spoken to her about her staying back in Madrid while they were in Brazil; they couldn't help but be a little worried about her since she would be home alone.

The sound of a car pulling into the family garage made Iker and Fernando grin, they knew it was Alyssa; the brunette was often the centre of talk between the three of them. 

Iker left Fernando alone as he collected a sleeping Lucas and Nora so that he could put the both in their bedrooms, Sergio wouldn’t even know they had moved until he awoke from his own nap.

Fernando headed into the kitchen and smiled as Alyssa stepped inside from the garage; the brunette paused as she stared at him surprised before she smiled.

“I missed you,” Fernando said as he pulled Alyssa into a hug, she cuddled into him as best she could because of her pregnancy bump; he grinned as he held her close to his body and smiled softly.

“I missed you too,” Alyssa said as she pulled back softly and pecked his lips; Fernando cupped her face to deepen the kiss before she had a chance to pull away from him.

Alyssa smiled into the kiss before they heard a bump from the living room making them pull apart and look towards the doorway; Fernando rolled his eyes knowing that it was Sergio falling from the couch.

***

Dinner was always eventful in the Casillas-Ramos-Torres household with Nora chatting excitedly with Fernando about her school work and Sergio trying to feed Lucas without success until Alyssa had taken over.

Iker glanced at their wife as he spoke with Fernando about the new training measures that Vicente had put in place, it would be Iker’s last international tournament since he wanted to be home more now that he was older.

“Stop staring at me Iker,” Alyssa said as she feed Lucas some of his chicken noodle soup, Sergio rolled his eyes as his son ate what his mother gave him; Iker furrowed his brow wondering how she had noticed that he was watching her without looking.

“I know you,” Alyssa said as she pecked his lips while Sergio took over feeding Lucas so she could have her own dinner. Fernando chuckled as he turned his attention to Nora, who was still talking about her day at pre-school; Iker grinned as he looked at Alyssa innocently.

“It’s not my fault that I have such a beautiful wife,” Iker teased making Sergio laugh before a glare from Alyssa silenced him, the brunette’s mood swings when she was pregnant had made the Sevillian nervous when she had been carrying his son.

Sergio had carried the brunt of Alyssa’s anger whenever something went wrong and it had taken him a while to find ways to make her forget that she was angry with him.

“So how is the name searching going?” Fernando said changing the subject making Sergio flash him a thankful look as he continued to feed Lucas, who started to put up a fight again.

Alyssa grinned at her son while Iker beamed at the ideas of baby names that he and the brunette had discussed since they had discovered they were having a little girl.

“We are not calling our daughter Ruth,” Alyssa said making Iker frown at her while Sergio and Fernando chuckled amused as they watched the pair bicker. Iker was thrilled just to be having this argument and he couldn’t wait for their little girl to be born.

“I don’t like that name… it reminds me of the creepy elderly lady that used to live next door when I was little,” Alyssa said making Iker pout as she spoke, he liked the name Ruth and didn't understand why they couldn't just think about it.

Fernando and Sergio glanced at one another amused; it was going to be an interesting few months until the baby was born and they couldn’t wait for the new addition.