Chapter Thirteen: Reunited in Brazil

Monica smiled as she collected the rental car keys from the front desk of the hotel, she couldn't wait to surprise Iker and the others with Alyssa when she arrived.

Monica had heard from her friend a few hours ago that the family were boarding the plane and would see her soon.

As she turned to head out of the hotel, Monica walked into Iker as he and the rest of the team returned from training; the footballer furrowed his brow as he stared at Monica, who flashed him an innocent smile.

"Hola Iker... how was training?" Monica asked making Iker look at her suspiciously as she looked at him and put the car keys into her jeans pocket; it was clear that Monica was keeping something from him.

"It was good... where are you off to in such a hurry?" Iker asked as Sergio and Fernando passed them, the two listening to what was being said as they did so; they couldn't stop walking since Maria was starting to get suspicious about what was going on.

"I actually have some errands to run for Vicente... nothing big... no surprise or anything," Monica babbled making Iker chuckle as he crossed his arms and looked at her; the brunette still had major problems in keeping secrets from her friends.

However Monica was determined that this time she would keep this one from Iker and the others, she knew that it was spoil everything if they learnt that Alyssa was coming to Brazil with the children.

"I better get going... those errands aren't going to do themselves," Monica said making Iker frown as the brunette quickly turned on her heel and walked out of the hotel without another word; she was definitely up to something.

***

Viola tilted her head confused as Monica lifted the three week old out of her mother's arms and cuddled her, she couldn't believe how big the little girl had gotten since she had last seen her.

Monica couldn't believe how adorable Viola was especially wearing her cream bunny dress and leggings, she was getting bigger and Iker was going to be thrilled to see her again.

"Hola, to you too Monica," Alyssa said rolling her eyes while José Luis put the suitcases into the rental car and Carmen settled Nora and Lucas into their car seats for the trip to the hotel.

Alyssa was wearing white floral print vest top and blue floral print midi skater skirt paired with black lattice sandals; it was warm even though Brazil was in winter.

"Hola... how are you?" Monica asked as she turned her attention to Alyssa, she had been so worried when she had heard that diagnosed with post-partum depression.

Monica has sensed that something had been wrong when she had spoken to Alyssa last and demanded that she told her or she'd tell her husbands about the surprise.

"I am better now... doctor says it could take a few months but I'll be okay," Alyssa said making Monica nod, she had a feeling that Alyssa would want to keep this from her husbands' like she had done with most things in the past.

"I will tell them, Monica... just let me do it after the match, I don't want them worrying over nothing," Alyssa said as she carefully took Viola back and moved to settle her into her car seat.

It had been nearly three weeks since Alyssa had seen her husbands, something that she wanted to rectify as soon as possible; she missed them and wanted them back as soon as possible after all that had happened.

***

Iker, Fernando and Sergio looked at Monica confused as she collected them from their hotel rooms; the three had been told that the Spanish officials wished to speak to them about the tournament, something that confused them.

"Monica... have you heard from Alyssa today?" Sergio asked anxiously, he hadn't been able to get a hold of his wife when he had called her earlier to speak with Lucas but hadn't heard back from her.

Monica glanced at Sergio as she shook her head, she wasn't going to mess this up and she was sure that a little white lie wasn't going to hurt.

"No sorry I've been swamped," Monica said as they walked down the corridor, she grinned as she thought about what was waiting for them; the children had all had a nap by now and were ready to meet their fathers.

Monica watched as Sergio shot Iker and Fernando a worried look, he didn't like that no one had heard from Alyssa and neither did they; she had been acting weird and he wanted to know what was going on.

"Okay... I'll leave you to it," Monica said as she knocked on the hotel room that Iker had helped her set up, she grinned as she stepped back and motioned for them to head inside.

The three footballers looked at her oddly before they walked into the room, they wanted to head back to their hotel rooms to see if they could reach Alyssa; but they knew that they had to meet with the official first then they could focus on their wife.

"Papa," Nora squealed as she hurried forward in her yellow floral cord dress and white shoes, she smiled happily as Fernando stared at her dumbfounded that Nora was here in Brazil.

Fernando moved to pick her up as Alyssa stepped into view holding Viola with Lucas holding her hand; she grinned as she watched them knowing how special this was for them.

"Surprise," Alyssa said making her three husbands' stare at her, they couldn't believe that Alyssa and the children were here; they hadn't though that this would happen while they were playing.

Lucas moved to Sergio who picked him up and cuddled his son close admiring the blue superhero hoodie and jeans set that the sixteen month old was wearing.

Iker moved carefully towards Alyssa before she offered him Viola, she didn't have to guess what Iker wanted and she was happy to hand their little girl over to him.

Iker grinned as he held his daughter for the first time in weeks, he couldn't believe how big she was grown since he had last held her in his arms; Fernando was the first to move to greet Alyssa with a kiss followed by Sergio.

The three were clearly still shocked that she was here with them; they hadn't even considered her flying out with the children once Viola was well enough.

"How?" Iker asked wondering how he hadn't known that she was coming, before he realised that Monica had been behind it all; he rolled his eyes as he held Viola close, the infant seemed to recognise him from the skype calls and from before he had left for Brazil.

"We're so happy that you are here Lissa," Sergio said as he smiled at Alyssa, he was sure that they could keep a better eye on her now that she was back with them.

Iker watched their wife, she looked different and he wasn't sure yet if it was a good or bad thing; Alyssa had been acting strange and they needed to get to the bottom of it and soon.

Alyssa crossed her arms as she looked at her husbands, she wasn't going to tell them just yet about her depression; she would have to find the right time to drop that bomb on them.