CHAPTER TWELVE

A/N: Wow, simply wow. I don't even know what to say. I think I got over 15 new followers from the last chapter. That's just awesome. I love you all. Anyhoo, here is the next installment. I hope you all enjoy.

CHAPTER TWELVE

Yuna sighed as she eased into the wooden chair at one of her favorite eateries. She had trained hard the entire afternoon with her father, pushing herself more than usual and only now was she allowing herself to relax, settling down with her trusty book amid the bustle of lunch eating patrons around her.

The current novel was a favorite and one she had read many times. The worn and dog eared pages were a testament to how many times she had thumbed through the book. The black haired kunoichi guessed she'd eventually have to break down and buy a new copy when the spine became so damaged that the pages would begin to fall out, a fate that her new Icha Icha collection would one day face.

Today's story featured the hero matching wits against the henchwoman of the evil feudal lord he had been sent to destroy. The woman thought she could use her wiles to twist his mind and confuse him into walking into a trap, but he saw right through her as if she were transparent as glass and used his own tactics to spoil her plans. Those tactics, of course, included seduction.

It was barely past noon and all ready her body felt heavy with fatigue. She really needed to be careful how far she pushed herself. She was only discharged from the hospital two days ago and was still recovering from chakra exhaustion, her sore muscles a constant reminder of that fact.

A handsome waiter came to her table, delivering the green tea she had ordered. He flashed her a smile that was really quite striking before hurrying over to another table.

The Diamond kunoichi sighed and took a sip of her tea, enjoying the feel of the hot liquid running down her throat and warming her stomach.

As she turned the page, she caught a movement from the corner of her eye. A colorful red apple rolled to her feet. The Kunoichi closed her book with a snap and stood, replacing the novel in its pouch and reached down to pick it up.

"Oh no."

Ten feet ahead of her, kneeling down, a very beautiful, dark blue haired woman picked up the apples on the dirt road. She wore a light purple short-sleeved jacket, a long-sleeved white shirt with a two pink colored strips underneath it, light brown shorts and purple open-toed boots.

"Um, there's one here, too." Yuna said holding out the apple to the woman.

She straightened and smiled at her. "Oh, you're right. Thank you so much."

Suddenly, the paper sack in her hands tore from the bottom, dropping the apples she'd just picked up onto the ground once again.

~MINE TO TAKE~

"I'm sorry for having you assist me."

"It's fine." Yuna smiled kindly at the woman as they walked to her house, several apples cradled against her chest. "I don't mind at all."

The woman's eyes drifted to the headband on her forehead. "You're a shinobi. I have a child your age whose a chūnin. He's rather serious and stubborn at times."

Yuna giggled. "Is he now?"

The lavender eyed woman sighed heavily, sadly.

"I was worried about him at first, on whether he'd enjoyed his shinobi life or not. But now I worry for an entirely different reason. After everything that had happened to the village, he'd somewhat distanced himself from his friends and rarely gets a full night of sleep."