CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

A/N: Hey everyone! I'm honestly surprised I got this chapter done pretty quick. It's super long, over 7000 words. You're welcome. Lol. Thanks for all those who've reviewed, favorite/followed Mine to Take.

As stated in the first chapter, and a few chapters back rating will go up. This chapter has a little heated scene at the end, soooooo yeah. It only took 21 chapters...

I honestly can't wait to start the next chapter, a lot is going to happen... crazy stuff. So be ready. Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy.

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

A blissful sigh escaped Yuna as hot water lapped at alabaster skin. She reclined against the warm rocks and enjoyed the rays of the sun on her face. The outdoor bath was deserted, except for Sarada and Chōchō, and she relished the privacy, allowing her body to respond and relax in the natural hot spring.

"This is great," Yuna said. "I haven't been to a hot spring in forever. You girls don't realize how much I've needed this after everything that's happened this week."

"I guess things are still tense between you and Ataru?" Sarada asked.

She lowered her gaze and her mind drifted to the memory of the other day at home.

Yuna dragged herself past the threshold of her front door and shut it heavily behind her. Upstairs in Ataru's room, she found Ryōgi packing a duffel bag.

"What are you doing?"

"Ataru needed a few things. I just finished up some odd jobs and decided to stop by before heading back home. I'll be out of here in a minute or two."

"Oh." Her shoulders slumped and sadness flickered behind her eyes.

Ryōgi nodded, continuing to throw items into Ataru's bag. Yuna shifted from one foot to the other.

"How's he doing?"

She wasn't sure why she asked. As if knowing more about Ataru's state of mind would make her feel better about things.

Ryōgi looked up for the first time. "Well, he hasn't exactly been in a chipper mood today."

Yuna lowered her gaze.

He zipped up Ataru's bag and then focused on Yuna again. "You should talk to him, Yuna."

"It's just...right now I'm a little scared of what he'll say. But I will. Soon. I promise."

Ryōgi accepted that, then started toward the door before stopping again. "I know it's not my place to say anything. Whatever happened with you and Ataru is between you two, but for what it's worth, your brother loves you very much."

Yuna shook her head in dismay at the memory. "Yeah. He sent Ryōgi to pick up some of his things the other day. He's going to be staying with him for a little while."

"Yuna, you might hate me for saying this, but I'm going to say it anyway." Sarada said. "There is something wrong with Ataru."

Yuna groaned. "Seriously, not you too."

"I'm just saying, when it comes to you, he's all over the place." She shrugged apologetically.

"That's because he cares about me."

"That's just it," she said. "He doesn't just care about you, he's in love with you."

Yuna let out a short, nervous giggle. "You're the second person to tell me that, Sarada. It's a little unnerving..."