CHAPTER TWENTY

A/N:Ah, finally, another installment. It's super long, so I hope you enjoy it. Again, thanks to all those who've reviewed, offered ideas and favorite/followed Mine to Take. I enjoy every single one of you.

CHAPTER TWENTY

"You..." Yuna painfully spoke, grasping onto her bleeding shoulder. "I knew I was right not to trust you!"

Yūhei was frozen in his spot as he looked on at the dangerous scene and the traitor who was only a mere few feet away from him, but for now, it seemed his attention was on his lovely flower; his beautiful flower that was sadly being trampled on. He dared not to think what might happen to him if she was killed right now, for the moment having more concerned for his own life. By the looks of it, this was probably the end of the line for him

Captain Ryouta laughed, pulling the metal portion of his forehead protector off to reveal a slashed Land of Berries, symbolizing his broken ties with the village. "And I was right to wait until I could somehow separate you and the envoy from the others, what with the way this clingy and selfish man didn't want to be without his 'Lovely Flower.'" He mocked in disgust. "I became sick with frustration over having to wait all the while having to listen to his obnoxious voice!"

During Ryouta's complaint's, Yuna discreetly made a few hand signs.

"It was lucky that you sustained an injury such as yours, though I was really hoping it was broken, so you wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight, but luck was on my side as these three-well, now two," Ryouta pointed his chin at the dead shinobi who was cut nearly clean in two from his right hip, up diagonally to his left shoulder from the earlier tomahawk that was flying around. "came searching for us, more specifically, me. Now," Ryouta turned to face Yūhei, who scrambled back a bit in surprise and fear. "It's about time I dealt with you. Our neighbor doesn't need to grow in strength. We will grow in confidence and overthrow the Land of Berries leadership and claim Kirigakure territory for our own in the future."

"Don't just sit there, idiot! Run!" Yuna yelled and slammed her palm down onto the ground, while Ryouta began taking slow steps towards Yūhei, like a cat stalking its prey.

Yūhei gave loud, girlish whimpers as he turned tail, frantically crawling away at first, before finding his feet and running away into the darkness. A large poof of some caused Ryouta and the other two rogues' from giving chase, and when it cleared, their eyes widened, seeing two large cats with grinning snarls.

Yuna picked herself up, taking advantage of the enemies pause in movement to do so.

Hina, the bobcat glanced at her handler who was looking a little worse for wear. She bared her teeth at the three men standing before her, her sharp points of her canines glinting in the dim light. "You dare hurt our master; the princess of the Land of Diamonds!"

Inwardly, Yuna rolled her eyes. I thought I told you to stop calling me that...

"You know what this means, right?" Kenta, the silvery-grey cougar said, gazing at Hina with a knowing smirk before his eyes are back on the enemy.

"We get to eat them," Hina answered, her eyes gleaming, fangs wet with saliva.

"It's been so long since I've had a human to eat," The cougar licked his lips and crept toward the men. "I call dibs on the fat one."

One of the rogues stumbled back and fell with a dusty thud.

"Please," he pleaded.

"If you are my food, how am I supposed to feel pity towards you? That would mean starvation for me." Kenta replied with a shrug.